Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2003 Dan Wesson PM9? Same quality?

highhope

It's likely to be better quite honestly. Does it have the adjustable eliason (gold cup) style rear sight? That's the only thing I've had issues with, the pin can walk out during recoil. It hurts worse than you'd think when it hits you in the forehead.

if it has this sight, get it staked so it doesn't walk and life will be good. I paid something like $619 for my pm7 new in 2002/3 and it's probably the best gun deal I've ever had. 

I was speaking purely about the quality of fit of the barrel, slide and on down the list.

i guess I didn't know new ones were no mim guns. I also don't thing MIM parts are inherently bad as long as they are quality cast and used in the right application.  Any part can break.

• 4 weeks later...

Not sure what your intent is by the comment? Are you saying the guy is super shady, DW guns Pre CZ are crap, or are you being sarcastic?

every early DW I've seen, handled, and/or owned has been in my opinion the best value and quality of a gun on the market that you could buy off the shelf, it's unfortunate kimber had better marketing/pr than DW pre Cz because I think a lot of people paid double the price for a name that was half the quality of gun (if that, in my experience, since the time they changed their business model and somehow people paid more for less quality the last decade and a half.)

if your comment is just about a guy that now owns fusion I'd be curious to hear more as I've been curious why they don't have a higher market share and whether it's quality or a crap company to deal with.

21 hours ago, beltjones said:

Before CZ they were owned by the guy who now does Fusion Firearms. I would stay way, way away from that guy.

I'd like to hear your experience with Fusion Firearms.

On 1/31/2017 at 10:15 PM, JGus said:

I'd like to hear your experience with Fusion Firearms.

I own three Fusions. Two goverments, one in 9mm and another in .45. The third is a CCO in .45.  All have been perfect since day one, but others have have had some problems. 

My biggest gripe with them, they took way longer to get then originally quoted (this was back when he first started the company).

While Bob's firearms do have a less than stellar reputation, And in some cases, very well deserved, I have been pleased with mine. 

29 minutes ago, PalmBeach1 said:

I own three Fusions. Two goverments, one in 9mm and another in .45. The third is a CCO in .45.  All have been perfect since day one, but others have have had some problems. 

My biggest gripe with them, they took way longer to get then originally quoted (this was back when he first started the company).

While Bob's firearms do have a less than stellar reputation, And in some cases, very well deserved, I have been pleased with mine. 

So you're saying your actual experience has lived up to expectations, as you've had no issues?  If they have a "less than steller rep, and in somecases very well deserved" as you claim, why do you own three?

• 2 weeks later...