ARMAGEDON

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2 hours ago, stickboy44 said:

I have been having some light strikes too. Everything in my S2 has been polished twice. It only happens on DA.

I have a Titan hammer, 1-piece sear (not extreme), bolo, extend firing pin block, PD: firing pin and spring, PD hammer springs from 12 to 15.5 lbs. 

I'm currently running the 14lb. hammer spring.

Things I have ruled out of being the problem: removed firing pin block, polished the crap out of everything, I do have a factory plunger spring in the gun, ammo is not a problem (I'm running winchester primers) and my OAL. is good (pass the plunk test)...

I also had that problem. Basically came down to me having to seat the primers deep, now i run it 100%. Same specs as you (but im running the 12lb hammer and 10lb recoil), also running winchester primers. 

44 minutes ago, emjei said:

Unfortunately CCI users are apparently condemned to use the EGD Medium and its 7+ DA pull

I will test the 15.5 PD soon, and I'll also say that my gun with the EGD Medium is 6.75 pounds. It really isn't bad to shoot in match conditions.

Edited by MemphisMechanic

Is the EAA / Tanfoglio Witness 1 Piece Sear and the Extreme sear the same besides the finish?

Yes.....no need to change

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

27 minutes ago, stickboy44 said:

Is the EAA / Tanfoglio Witness 1 Piece Sear and the Extreme sear the same besides the finish?

Not only are they the same, the regular one piece sear tends to be cast better than the Xtreme version. The non-xtreme version is preferred by more than one Tanfo junkie here on BE.

I just seen on the PD web site that they recommend the Extreme sear and titan hammer installed with the bolo.

I screwed up the first bolo i tried to install, the second one works but im not sure the hammer in DA is coming back far enough..that could be my light strike problem in DA 

3 hours ago, emjei said:

Unfortunately CCI users are apparently condemned to use the EGD Medium and its 7+ DA pull

Not true at all....... these guns should be lighting off CCI primers with either a 13lb or 14lb depending on the tuning job. Some instances you can even drop to a 12lb on the freak guns. Maybe it's time you guys start looking at your ammo if you think the issue is not in the gun. 

39 minutes ago, stickboy44 said:

I just seen on the PD web site that they recommend the Extreme sear and titan hammer installed with the bolo.

I screwed up the first bolo i tried to install, the second one works but im not sure the hammer in DA is coming back far enough..that could be my light strike problem in DA 

How far back is the hammer coming in DA? Did you hit the wing of the BOLO, do you have a lighter trigger bar plunger spring installed, and how hard have you polished on the area of the trigger bar that the interrupter contacts?

1 hour ago, PatriotDefense said:

How far back is the hammer coming in DA? Did you hit the wing of the BOLO, do you have a lighter trigger bar plunger spring installed, and how hard have you polished on the area of the trigger bar 

The hammer goes half the distance in DA compared to SA.  I did hit the wing of the BOLO and i habe a factory plunger spring.

I polished that area pretty good where the bolo contacts the trigger bar. 

Edited by stickboy44

5 minutes ago, emjei said:

Some of us shoot Factory Ammo ;-)

People still do that.?.?.?.?.?

just joking, I completely understand, I just want folks to know that they need to try different combos in their OWN guns before cutting themselves short.....

People still do that.?.?.?.?.?

just joking, I completely understand, I just want folks to know that they need to try different combos in their OWN guns before cutting themselves short.....

Lol..... and with 140 PF

9 minutes ago, stickboy44 said:

The hammer goes half the distance in DA compared to SA.  I did hit the wing of the BOLO and i habe a factory plunger spring.

I polished that area pretty good where the bolo contacts the trigger bar. 

When you say hit the wing can you give me an idea of how many passes you took on it?

1 hour ago, stickboy44 said:

The hammer goes half the distance in DA compared to SA.  

My gun, fit with unmodified Titan, unmodified BOLO, 1pc sear, and all the goodies.

Single action:

IMG_1077.JPG.7b5b99e956bbb6be59cb8cc7aafe5f72.JPG

and double action:

IMG_1078.JPG.0135335af2bd5a0c384d45e80a2a10d2.JPG

(I wedged my finger in there and caught the hammer in a spot where the trigger just barely won't push it backward anymore at the end of it's stroke.)

All my hammer and disconnector received was a light polish. One of these days I'd love to take it apart and figure out how to f*#k with the timing to drive the hammer back further in DA. I believe that would definitely help with heavy poorly-seated primers.

Edited by MemphisMechanic

6 hours ago, PatriotDefense said:

Not true at all....... these guns should be lighting off CCI primers with either a 13lb or 14lb depending on the tuning job. Some instances you can even drop to a 12lb on the freak

True.

But, the Eastern European primers made from recycled tank armor are a different story.

Picture of two rounds i FAILED to pop today with 16# wolf spring in SA. Those are single SA hits and no bueno. Swapping the factory stackmaster (tm) spring it is currently popping them. But in the past, some persnickity primers  resisted popping even with a wolff 22# spring. Trust me....you don't want to run the 22# hammer spring!

tmp_29120-20170305_223421-1287773812.jpg

Just reamed the barrels on a customers Stock II pistols, one of which we tuned and the other he did himself. Ran 100rnds of ammo primed with CCI primers with a 13lb spring in DA only............ and they're 100% reliable..... it can be done dont give up the fight

I ran Atlanta reloads for a long time. They all function 100%. Except one particular one on my last range day that even a glock wouldn't light. Must have been a bad primer

To my knowledge, Atlanta uses CCI for their reload white box stuff. 

Edited by ryridesmotox

1 hour ago, PatriotDefense said:

Just reamed the barrels on a customers Stock II pistols, one of which we tuned and the other he did himself. Ran 100rnds of ammo primed with CCI primers with a 13lb spring in DA only............ and they're 100% reliable..... it can be done dont give up the fight

If the ammo is loaded short enough that it passes the plunk test, is reaming a barrel going to fix light strikes 

11 minutes ago, stickboy44 said:

If the ammo is loaded short enough that it passes the plunk test, is reaming a barrel going to fix light strikes 

Short chambers are usually also incorrect in otherways.  Normally acceptable variability leads to random light strikes. You might be ok.... but the price of the work by PD or Bevin is dirt cheap insurance.  and you can load long to run safer pressures.

10 hours ago, stickboy44 said:

John is correct........ However its obviously not going to fix light strikes caused by 10lb hammer spring trying to set off CCI primers. If your having the occasionally light strike in DA and your 100% in SA then its more than likely going to get you where you need to be...... as long as your ammo is consistent. 

• 6 months later...
On 12/21/2016 at 5:51 PM, MemphisMechanic said:

IMG_2197.JPG

LEFT: Factory firing pin block which only works with the factory two-piece sear.

RIGHT: The extended firing pin block (Xtreme) which only functions with the one-piece sear.

There is approximately a .030" difference in height as measured here, if you're not sure which one you have:

IMG_2708.JPGIMG_2706.JPG

If your firing pin isn't clearing, you'll probably see peening on it here, like I did before I filed down the Xteme FPB until contact disappeared.

IMG_2707.JPG

The easiest way to see if the problem is the FPB is to take it out and go shoot the gun. Hopefully your light strikes disappear.

My gun still had light strikes last time I shot it. I'll be removing in on my next trip to the range if they haven't disappeared.

in my stock 2 i replaced the 2 pc sear and sear housing with an xtreme sear and xtreme sear housing along with a PD reduced spring. i kept the stock FPB and i went to the range and shot 200 rounds with no problem. should i be worried about anything?