Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Glock 24 USPSA Limited mods?

1eyedfatman

I just picked up a like new Glock 24 which hasn't had anything done to it.  I have G34 gen4 and CZ custom Shadow SP01 for Production so this would be my first limited major setup.  Whats the way to setup this G24 for limited major?  And this could be anything...magwell, mags, baseplates, sights, trigger, holster, heavy add-ons, etc.

Here is how my 24 is setup,but keep in mind when it comes to limited mods it is a what works best for each individual. Some folks like light guns for fast handling, some like heavy. Some like fast cycling some prefer slower and softer, anyway you get the picture. So I run my 24 with Sevigny comp sights, with FO front sight, Wheaton Arms lightened my slide, tungsten guide rod, 14 pound spring, DK trigger, stippled grip, and heavy Dawson magwell. For me I have enjoyed this set and it has maintained Glock reliability. My load is 180 Blue Bullets over WST at 173 PF.

I use a 24 for Limited.  All I think you really need for it to run great in Limited is:

Sights - I like Dawson, but there are plenty of good options
Mag extensions - I use TTI and Dawson.  Both work well.  TTI holds 20 rounds better although I don't consider either reloadable at 20.  Dawson fit the mag gauge better
Trigger - you can either go cheap and do just  connector plus some springs or a full trigger kit like Zev or Vanek
Magwell - also a bunch of options for this.  I'm using the TTI brass which unfortunately they don't make anymore
Guide rod and recoil spring - most are using 15lb. recoil springs, but you can try the 15lb and factory 17lb to see which you prefer
On the Gen 3 I'd like to use grip tape, I don't think the Gen 4s need it though

And that's really all I think you need to do to it.  I've never played with frame weights or lightened slides, but really don't feel the need to.  I just use my Production rig; have no interest in a race holster.

I just use a Blade Tech with a BOSS hanger.  I shot Production before switching to Limited and that's what I was already using.  It was a 34 holster so I just had to heat up the bottom and open it up to fit the 24.  It works fine.  I'm sure a race holster would be a tiny bit faster, but for me I don't think it makes enough of a difference to really matter.

I set up my police trade in G22 with a Taylor Freelance sight block. I put Vogel sights, zev extended mag release, Dawson heavy brass magwell, SJC frame weight, glockstore 14 or 15 lb tungsten guide rod, zev race connector and a lone wolf ultimate trigger stop. For mags I use tti extension for 20+1 loaded start / 19+1 reloadable, and Taylor Freelance brass extension for extra weight and 19+1 reloadable. Using a slightly modified Cr speed wsm2 holster so it fits the frame weight.

I'm following this for a 17l build I'm considering for my 3 gun pistol next year. Currently have a 34 and am thinking about keeping that gun production legal and getting the 17l or 24 for 3gun and possibly limited. What is everyone's opinion on slide lightening? Seems like it could be more beneficial on the 9mm opposed to the 40. Just looking for some opinions on the matter

I have a $50 gift card for Blade-tech won at a match.  What do you guys with the Glock 24 think about this Blade-Tech SPro-Series Speed rig Holster?  I figure with a BOSS holster hanger this may be OK.

http://shop.blade-tech.com/index.php?cPath=1_2_120&osCsid=bj3davngna2k0n5l63eva84fq5#.WEYHnTKZOqA

Edited by 1eyedfatman

2 hours ago, 1eyedfatman said:

I have a $50 gift card for Blade-tech won at a match.  What do you guys with the Glock 24 think about this Blade-Tech SPro-Series Speed rig Holster?  I figure with a BOSS holster hanger this may be OK.

http://shop.blade-tech.com/index.php?cPath=1_2_120&osCsid=bj3davngna2k0n5l63eva84fq5#.WEYHnTKZOqA

I just use the regular Blade Tech OWB holster, not that one.  I have no experience with that holster, but I don't think I've ever once seen anyone using one of those at a match...I call that a clue ;).  If I were using a holster with an open front like that I'd want something with a lock on it, but maybe that's just me.

Ran one for a while. Made M with it. 

Mine had Dawson sights (adjustable rear)

Dawson brass magwell

Dawson basepads (20+1)

Steel guide rod, 13 pound spring

Various triggers. I settled on the Vanek Super Kit

I also cut down the slide release so I wouldn't accidentally activate it while shooting. 

4 hours ago, waktasz said:

Ran one for a while. Made M with it. 

Mine had Dawson sights (adjustable rear)

Dawson brass magwell

Dawson basepads (20+1)

Steel guide rod, 13 pound spring

Various triggers. I settled on the Vanek Super Kit

I also cut down the slide release so I wouldn't accidentally activate it while shooting. 

Curious waktasz, do you think you could have made GM with the G24 if you stuck with it, or do you feel the change to the 2011 platform enabled you achieve GM level?