Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

QD socket in forearm

Hoosiershooter

I used this one:  http://www.impactweaponscomponents.com/product/qd-micro-mount/

Required taking away some material from the inside of the M2 forearm, as well as filing away thickness on the inner surface of the mount, in order to slide over the RCI monotube mag tube I'm using.  Still pretty tight fit but it worked.

Is the QD necessary at the front? How about a QD at the stock end of the sling and a paracord loop around your mag tube at the other end? This setup works fine on my Beretta 1301 with +5 Nordic mag extension. 

Is the QD necessary at the front? How about a QD at the stock end of the sling and a paracord loop around your mag tube at the other end? This setup works fine on my Beretta 1301 with +5 Nordic mag extension. 

Necessary, no. But it would be nice to have. Then I can use my rifle sling for both. I have a paracord loop now and would prefer a more solid attachment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I went with a Tac-Com "free-float" tube clamp, with rail, and slapped a QD connector on there.  The problem with the forearm location is that if, like me, your goal is to use the same sling on rifle and shotgun, the stock-to-forearm length ended up being much shorter on my shotgun than on my rifle.  So, I either had to adjust the sling switching guns or put up with a much looser/floppier slung shotgun.

• 2 weeks later...

That's what I ordered. The Noveske was too big to mount and I didn't like how the grovtec was basically just threaded in.

A loop of 550 over the mag tube worked just fine though through Blue ridge

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk