Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Percentage of Comp. shooters using Dillon

Just received the current issue of FrontSight magazine, the official publication of USPSA.

They had articles on the 2016 Revolver nationals, and the 2016 Single Stack Nationals.

They include a lot of statistics that were pretty amazing,

In Revolver class, 82% of reloaders used Dillon, 27% 550, 23% 650, 21% 1050, and 11% SQD.

In the Single Stack class, a whopping 90% of reloaders used Dillon. 38% 650, 24% 1050, 24% 550, and 6% SQD.

I'm one who likes to do the homework and study up before spending my cash (since I don't have to much). Back in the late 1980s dillon was the one, just not for my wallet, So I went for what I still believe is the best single stage, the rock chucker, and it's still going strong. Now that I can afford the best, I put a dillon on my bench!!!

I bought a Dillon 300 in the 80.  Loaded thousands of rounds and fell in love with it.  I later upgraded to the 450 and have since upgraded to the 550 and 650 models.   I've have very good luck with my Dillons.   Love their support and service policy.

Dillon will help you get the machine that is right for your needs.  Go for it.

• 2 weeks later...

I started on a single stage, then to a Lee Classic Turret, then to a Hornady LNL AP, then to a Dillon 650.

Currently I own a single stage, Dillon 550 and 1050.  The only reason I sold the 650 and got a 550 is because I like the manual indexing.  Hoping to get a case feeder for the 550 soon too.

I've only had my 550 for a couple weeks. I sold my two Pro-1000 presses.  Wish I would have just gone with the 550 to start the quality of the press and rounds off in my short time is amazing. This press will certainly get me shooting more because loading is so much more enjoyable.