Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Tango Stock 2 REVIEW!

P.E. Kelley

Anymore personal comments, other than posts pertaining to the OP's post, will get this thread closed. 

Attitude
Please be polite. Or if not polite, at least respectful.
No bickering. Regardless of the subject matter.
Antagonistic, offensive, or quarrelsome tones are not acceptable.
No trolling. No alternate accounts

I really don't know how you guys survive in cali !   we can walk into a shop and walk out with the latest blaster... after paperwork and a phone call. Or buy face2face with cash and a handshake.

I see "learning curve" more as a challenging puzzle to solve.  unless the gun sucks ! Lol.

7 hours ago, ryridesmotox said:

The tough least for me is that, in California, all of these guns are hard to come by. I took a gamble on the stock2. But it it's a platform I am familiar with being similar to the Browning design. The xcal is more like a stoeger or Beretta... I just wast familiar so I didn't want that learning curve.

4 hours ago, johnbu said:

I really don't know how you guys survive in cali !   we can walk into a shop and walk out with the latest blaster... after paperwork and a phone call. Or buy face2face with cash and a handshake.

I see "learning curve" more as a challenging puzzle to solve.  unless the gun sucks ! Lol.

It sucks. I get a free pass though and can buy off roster guns. I didn't want a learning curve for my first decent competition gun. I really liked the grand power, but I figured it was a bit above my smithing level.

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/17/2016 at 0:12 PM, rootacres said:

Great vids Pat, keep em coming. . . BTW, drop in a bolo and swap a few spring (& probably a FP) and you'll have yourself a pretty impressive production gun.

It is pretty impressive as is!  But would you please enlighten me...what is a BOLO  (Be On LookOut is all I know)  springs, Henning FP and some elbow grease, I get, and can do.

Thanks!

The "BOLO" is a short reset disconnector that reduces pretravel in SA to near zero. It also smooths out the DA stroke to reduce the "stack" feeling.  it's sold by Patriot Defense, a vendor here. They also make a line of reduced power hammer springs that do not bind (the EG ones tend to) and a matching firing pin return spring.   They also make reduced power trigger return and sear springs.

The bolo really should be  installed with the one piece sear and Xtreme titan hammer.  with those parts it's near "drop in"  however the sear needs to be fit when the titan is installed.

I run those parts and the PD13 hammer spring  with thorough polish and get a 5# da and have run nearly 1000  wolf primed rounds with no issues.   A good internal polish with all their springs (use the 14 hammer spring) will bring the trigger to a reliable 6 1/2# DA for very little cost and a bit of elbow grease. Adding the bolo, 1 piece sear, titan hammer make it better, but some don't feel the need to spend the extras $.  Springs only is cheap and gets a very good trigger.

By the way.... have you done a high point carbine 9mm review?  might be interesting with the activity in PCC.

Edited by johnbu

46 minutes ago, johnbu said:

The "BOLO" is a short reset disconnector that reduces pretravel in SA to near zero. It also smooths out the DA stroke to reduce the "stack" feeling.  it's sold by Patriot Defense, a vendor here. They also make a line of reduced power hammer springs that do not bind (the EG ones tend to) and a matching firing pin return spring.   They also make reduced power trigger return and sear springs.

The bolo really should be  installed with the one piece sear and Xtreme titan hammer.  with those parts it's near "drop in"  however the sear needs to be fit when the titan is installed.

I run those parts and the PD13 hammer spring  with thorough polish and get a 5# da and have run nearly 1000  wolf primed rounds with no issues.   A good internal polish with all their springs (use the 14 hammer spring) will bring the trigger to a reliable 6 1/2# DA for very little cost and a bit of elbow grease. Adding the bolo, 1 piece sear, titan hammer make it better, but some don't feel the need to spend the extras $.  Springs only is cheap and gets a very good trigger.

By the way.... have you done a high point carbine 9mm review?  might be interesting with the activity in PCC.

Thank you for the education mister, thanks

I have thought about the Hi Point...but I can only imagine the crap I would get...but what the heck!