Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New shooter barrel

treechipper

Can you guys help me out. I've shot some 3 gun and I'm hooked. I've been super busy, but as soon as it slows down plan on doing a lot more shooting. I am building pretty cool ar, but I am stuck on the barrel. I almost pulled the trigger on a bartlein barrel but I am not hand loading for the AR right now, just not quite that serious at the moment,  and spending that much money just doesn't make sense as I plan on burning up the barrel practicing with crap ammo as soon as I free up. Really just looking for a fairly light accurate barrel for around $200. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

My last build I used a ballistic advantage barrel....   You can find them on sale.....light weight in your pice range with a MOA guarantee and gas block to boot,   For a few dollars more than a no name barrel.....

i haven't shot her at longer distances yet.  But for the close stuff plenty accurate!

You can find Wilson SS Barrels on sale for about that range.  You won't find a better barrel for the money.  I built my last gun with a Criterion Barrel because I wanted a match grade Chrome lined barrel, if there ever was such a critter.  I have not been disappointed, they ran in the $260 to $290 range, have had very favorable reviews and I average 1/2 to 3/4 MOA with various hand loads. 

23 hours ago, smokeandmirrors said:

http://www.gmriflebarrel.com/gm-m24-223-wylde-18/

I have three of these and they'll shoot knots with 75 gr. Hornady HPBTs at 100 yards.  Additionally, I've shot groups the size of my fist on steel at 400 yards with each one.

-Sam

I have that same barrel in the fluted version. It will shoot match bullets under 1 MOA all day and 55 Hornadys right @ 1 MOA. I have owned a couple of their barrels and the service, quality, and value were/are top notch:cheers: