Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Practiscore vs new Weekly USPSA Update

CHA-LEE

For the Practiscore developers, do you have any guidance on how the new Weekly USPSA Update is going to work with the Practiscore application? Currently on the iOS version I can generate the Webfile and Activity Report separately and use those to upload to the USPSA website. Is there going to be a new file generated? Or are they only going to use one of the two files?

Its a little frustrating that USPSA wants to deploy this new process but has very little information on how its actually suppose to be deployed before they enable it.

I have been trading some e-mails with USPSA on this. They are saying that we will only need the existing "Webfie" that is used to upload the results to the USPSA website and the classifier/mission count fee's will be calculated off of that file. The separate Activity Report is no long going to be needed.

It will be interesting to see how this works once enabled.

It would be nice to see them allow the practiscore guys to integrate the posting of match results directly from the web. Instead of having to download and upload. Post to practiscore from tablets. Then post from web page to uspsa. Would require some integration and could be a ton of work to facilitate it but would be awesome. 

Just tried to upload results to USPSA from a match at the beginning of Sept and got an "ERROR: INSERT INTO results_matches........".

Tried to upload the webfile generated from version 1.682 (5) of Practiscore.

Wonder if anyone else has run into this problem? Going to contact USPSA tomorrow about this issue.

Just tried to upload results to USPSA from a match at the beginning of Sept and got an "ERROR: INSERT INTO results_matches........".

Wonder if anyone else has run into this problem? Going to contact USPSA tomorrow about this issue.

As someone who's an end-user, I appreciate that this process is getting better and I'll get better data out of it.  I also appreciate you club guys staying on top of this.  I know it's not always easy and it's not the thing you want to do among the 1000 you have waiting.  Thanks!

Which file are you trying to upload? The webfile or the activity report? Supposedly we should only need to upload the webfile.

it was the web file and even though it was late when I sent an email to USPSA, Rob fixed the issue and had me try again, which worked. Now that is excellent customer support.

On 9/15/2016 at 10:23 PM, jdphotoguy said:

I get the same error as you. I was hoping to find some answers on here.

2 hours ago, euxx said:

Guys, you seriously will have better luck if you contact the uspsa tech support directly. I somehow doubt they are monitoring this forum.

I did email them and am waiting for a reply. I was just letting the guy know that he wasn't alone.

1 hour ago, mreed911 said:

The post right above you had the answer.

If it were an answer, then why is it still a problem?

53 minutes ago, jonny4523 said:

I did email them and am waiting for a reply. I was just letting the guy know that he wasn't alone.

If it were an answer, then why is it still a problem?

You answered this yourself - you emailed them - but they haven't fixed it in your case yet.  I'd imagine from the small sample size here and already multiple reports that you're one of many and they're having to work through things manually else there would be a more general fix.

The poster I referred to specifically said that USPSA (Rob, specifically) fixed it for them, implying it was a manual change on their end.

If you've contacted them, you've done what you can.

I posted my query to see if anyone else had or was running into the problem. Figured if it was a widespread issue, I wouldn't bother bugging the folks at USPSA about it until I saw it working for others, but not me.

I have no idea what Rob did to fix my situation, but it appears to have likely only fixed my issue.