Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

LOK CZ Grips for Magwell

mveto

I had Jayson at LOK grips whip these up for me, they are his new "thin" grips but cut for use on a CZ 75 with a magwell. The magwell is from CZ Custom and had a local Cerakote them. Jayson is fantastic to work with, so if you need anything custom from him I highly recommend it. These are extremely aggressive and just what I have been looking for.

89BD9EAF-FE4E-452A-BCAC-041FA725748F_zps

14993527-D6BC-4F5E-BDF5-5A2FAA45A29B_zps

9C41DE9F-9E1F-419B-9027-D84F06493968_zps

6 hours ago, ItsCZas123 said:

Those look great did you have to call him or email him to get that specific color? I just bought a Shadow Orange but may save those grips so they don't get dinged.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He's pretty responsive via email. And you can custom order a ton of colors.

My grips:

5BZ915v.jpg

10 hours ago, ClangClang said:

Are there any conflicts with the smooth thumb relief on his grips and staying legal in Production?

Aren't there pretty much no restrictions on grips as an external modification? I don't see why they would be illegal. The grips are thicker than normal grips so you aren't really gaining an advantage 

Just making sure. It wouldn't be the first time I checked the rule book before performing a mod, appeared that I was ok, then found out later that I'd wasted some money on something that\'s actually illegal.

Also, side note: why would thinner grips be an advantage? My preference is for thicker grips. I've got huge hands (XL or XXL gloves, usually).

Edited by ClangClang

16 hours ago, ClangClang said:

Are there any conflicts with the smooth thumb relief on his grips and staying legal in Production?

No issues. I worked with LOK on the development of the thumb scoop grips. DNROI had no problem with the thumb reliefs as long as they maintained a factory profile which they did. 

8 minutes ago, ClangClang said:

Just making sure. It wouldn't be the first time I checked the rule book before performing a mod, appeared that I was ok, then found out later that I'd wasted some money on something that\'s actually illegal.

Also, side note: why would thinner grips be an advantage? My preference is for thicker grips. I've got huge hands (XL or XXL gloves, usually).

Well I imagine the advantage would be similar to having a longer mag release. Thinner grips make it easier to access the controls and in theory are faster. Though that doesn't hold true for people with larger hands.

1 hour ago, ClangClang said:

Ah, interesting. I never thought of that. I only thought of the grip itself in my hand, not how the grip interrelates with the rest of the controls. Great point. Shouldn't be an issue for me though. Looking forward to some new grips!

You'll absolutely love them! I felt all of my shooting improved quite a bit coming from the CZ aluminum grips. Though get ready for some sore spots after the first few outings with them, they can be pretty rough.

I had Jayson at LOK grips whip these up for me, they are his new "thin" grips but cut for use on a CZ 75 with a magwell. The magwell is from CZ Custom and had a local Cerakote them. Jayson is fantastic to work with, so if you need anything custom from him I highly recommend it. These are extremely aggressive and just what I have been looking for.

89BD9EAF-FE4E-452A-BCAC-041FA725748F_zpsv0mzcr2i.jpg

14993527-D6BC-4F5E-BDF5-5A2FAA45A29B_zpsxhrhctqd.jpg

9C41DE9F-9E1F-419B-9027-D84F06493968_zps8duccioj.jpg

Just ordered the blue/black ones can't wait to get them and see how they feel on my Shadow. [emoji2]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk