Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Upgrade!

ChuckS

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I agree and I also like the older version better and not a fan of the present format.

However, must say Thank you to Brain for providing a forum for us to express our opinions.

I do wish that the older version would be restored.

Also, I created two threads in the bugs thread documenting features that have been omitted in this version.

Initially I hated everything about the new format. As I've used it a bit, it's growing on me. maybe it's just that I got comfortable navigating the old format and don't like change. I'm learning the new format and it gets easier every time.

21 minutes ago, ChuckS said:

Actually, this new format seems like an updated version of the format that was used before the old format :lol:

My thoughts exactly. On my phone it reminds me of when you could click the full version button to get out of the mobile phone version. 

I'm hoping it's not what we are stuck with and the forums jumped into some kind of safe space mode lol.

Definitely not mobile friendly. Won't scroll as I type, etc

4 minutes ago, Mark R said:

How do you edit an existing post in this new edition? I need to replace a PDF I posted for the World Match and there is no edit capability in this new version.

I have an "edit" button at the bottom of my recent posts on both the FF view and my Android phone browser.

When I tried to sign in it kept rejecting my username. I have always had to use my original user name to log in until now. For some reason I use current user name which was never possible before.

And there is no feature available to go to the last post in a thread. Every time I click on a thread it goes to the original post only.

Thanks Sarge...I just discovered that logon now requires screen user name, instead of the original account user name. So I used "Mark R" and logon now works correctly.

As for earlier posts, I meant that any posts that I added before the web site upgrade have no "Edit" link on the posts. Any posts after the upgrade do have an edit feature. So I can edit this post, but not any from a month ago. Sorry for the confusion.

6 minutes ago, Sarge said:

When I tried to sign in it kept rejecting my username. I have always had to use my original user name to log in until now. For some reason I use current user name which was never possible before.

And there is no feature available to go to the last post in a thread. Every time I click on a thread it goes to the original post only.

If you click/tap the time of the last post showing in the title line, you get scrolled to the that post. It works the same as the previous version of the forum s/w.

2 minutes ago, Mark R said:

Thanks Sarge...I just discovered that logon now requires screen user name, instead of the original account user name. So I used "Mark R" and logon now works correctly.

As for earlier posts, I meant that any posts that I added before the web site upgrade have no "Edit" link on the posts. Any posts after the upgrade do have an edit feature. So I can edit this post, but not any from a month ago. Sorry for the confusion.

Brian has had a 24 (?) hour limit on post editing for many years.

6 minutes ago, ChuckS said:

Brian has had a 24 (?) hour limit on post editing for many years.

Yep. Wasn't sure it was 24 hours but there has always been a limit on the amount if time to edit a post. You can ask a mod to edit for you though