Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

what the heck is this and would you use it?

brian45acp

https://cajungunworks.com/product/75321/

I ran across this and I love how innovative the cajun guys are but I am not so sure I would want to alter how the gun was meant to work.

I have his floating trigger pin but opted for the CZC trigger spring since its more stout. I installed them but I dont like how they sit crooked. The stock leg of the spring that pushes on the trigger is straight to where the CZC has a bend and angled to perhaps sit more center in the trigger. This causes the spring to twist and sit crooked. I just ordered the cajun trigger spring to see how it looks but the fact its lightened worried me.

Edited by brian45acp

Possible solution to a known problem. I'll probably give one a try the next time I order something from CGW.

The CGW light trigger spring----personally didn't like it. It lightened the pull, but I didn't like the soft reset.

CGW floating trigger pin----right up there with the heavy stainless mag brake on the must have list for

every CZ I own.

Damn. That was my concern and I ordered 4 of those trigger springs. I might just order stock trigger springs and change them every so often. I did get the upgraded mag brake finally. It just hardly rests down in that slot but I guess thats all it needs to do, it cant really go anywhere.

Its funny how between cajun and CZC there are things I like from each and things I dont like from each. I have items mismatched from both of them in my guns, lol.

Edited by brian45acp

I shoot matches with a stock sp-01 because I ccw a 75 compact. All triggers are stock and I have no issue with them as is. Its amazing what fundamentals do more over then a tricked out trigger. I only really notice "nice" triggers when I am checking them out on the bench but during the course of fire I dont notice much at all. I would love to have super nice triggers though but since I CCW my CZ I dont want to get used to a race trigger and then carry a heavy double action. I figure if I can master that stock trigger in the match then it will feel the same and prepare me for my ccw gun.

My goal here is a tough spring that will last. I decided just to keep the cajun floating pin and the CZC New spring which isnt lighter but rater more stout.

Edited by brian45acp

I shoot matches with a stock sp-01 because I ccw a 75 compact. All triggers are stock and I have no issue with them as is. Its amazing what fundamentals do more over then a tricked out trigger. I only really notice "nice" triggers when I am checking them out on the bench but during the course of fire I dont notice much at all. I would love to have super nice triggers though but since I CCW my CZ I dont want to get used to a race trigger and then carry a heavy double action. I figure if I can master that stock trigger in the match then it will feel the same and prepare me for my ccw gun.

My goal here is a tough spring that will last. I decided just to keep the cajun floating pin and the CZC New spring which isnt lighter but rater more stout.

Why not improve the triggers in both guns? It's not too hard or expensive.

• 2 months later...

Yeah, that device is still in development.  They put it up on the website, expecting it to be available, but when they got the final production run in, they identified some issues with the springs, and they're trying to work that out.  Once it's done, broken trigger springs will be a thing of the past.