Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Hello from New Mexico

Hammer7242

Hi there, I just got out of the Marine Corps after 10 fun filled years, almost half of which was spent on the Marine Corps Rifle and Pistol Teams. I am double distinguished, have done well with high power, Palma and full bore. I also have completed in and won some combat matches on the international scale. Unfortunately one of the side effects of getting out is no loaner guns and gear or free ammo. That being said I have shot a steel challenge match at one of my last duty stations and loved it. I have a 1911 and really want to get into USPSA and Steel Challenge. I know my way around a pistol but this is brand new to me. I am definitely looking for some tips and guidance/advice on the best way to approach this.

Looking forward to hearing from you all.

Welcome to the forums and thank you so much for your service!

Regardless of your shooting history USPSA is a very humbling game. Be prepared for that. lol

Thank you for the welcome aboard. I am looking forward to learning from you folks on here. I am prepared"ish" to be humbled and learn from those experiences in order to become better at what I assume is a challenging and fun sport/discipline.

Las cruces (Mesilla Valley Pistoleros) has steel challenge the third Saturday of the month at the Butterfield range. They also have uspsa first Saturday of the month. They will also be having a pistol/carbine match on July 30th.

Thank you for your service, and welcome to the forums!

I am in west Tx, but my wife and I shoot in New Mexico every chance we get.

1st Saturday is Lea County Action Shooters in Hobbs, NM

2nd Saturday was Roswell, NM I am not sure what their status is right now. Lubbock, TX has a match at Lead Farm the second weekend as well.

3rd Saturday we shoot at Patriot Outdoors in Clovis, NM.

4th Saturday we shoot at Cavern City Action Shooters in Carlsbad, NM

4th Sunday La Luz, NM

There are others that GetAway/Taco can fill you in on, these are just the ones that I know of off the top of my head.

If you have any questions, feel free to shoot me a PM.

Calvin

Welcome aboard and Thank you for your service. I am Mark Dziamski and the New Mexico Section Coordinator for USPSA. If you have any questions feel free to contact me at (575) 302-7690 or newmexicosectioncoordinator@gmail.com. We are having a Operation Wounded Warrior Benefit Match on July 30 (100% of the proceeds go to veteran assistance within the state). And would love to have you come to Carlsbad and participate. We are also having our Sectional in September on the 17th. This will be in Clovis and the stages are provided and staffed by the Section Clubs.