Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

IRS Scam call?

lumpygravy

So I just received an obvious IRS scam phone call which said something to the effect of I'm going to be sued by the IRS blah, blah blah. Please call this number blah, blah blah. We're not kidding blah, blah blah.

Now I know the right thing to do is to report the phone number to the IRS and then disregard the voice mail but that's just SO boring.

I'm trying to think of something to say if I should (not saying I would because I don't want to invest too much time into this) decide to call back and pull the scammers chain for a little entertainment. I'm coming up empty at the moment and would like to collect suggestions from any other wise asses out there in the Benoverse.

Absurd, creative, humorous, even outrageous possible responses anyone?

I just ask them to "hold on" while I get my pen, envelope, stamps and check book -

and try to keep them busy on the phone as long as possible.

While I continue to reload.

That saves one or two other innocents from being molested by this idiot.

How did you get this number? It is restricted, a Federal agent will be at your location within the next 30 minutes. you will need to explain to them when and how you got this number!!

The last scam caller I got claimed to be from the electric company. They even gave me an 800 number to call back with my payment. I called back and yanked their chain for 15 minutes.

Afterwards I thought it would be funny to call again, but next time call while at a match with gun fire in the background.

• 2 weeks later...

Had a message on my phone telling me I was going to be arrested for tax fraud and criminal offenses and had to call them real quick.

Ignored the messages.

Then happened to be home when they called again.

"Good morning. Bluster County Prosecutor's Office, how can I help you?"

Click.