Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Brianenos.com Forum Member Shoot!

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a post up on the final location poll - I'll put the poll portion up tomorrow, to give Erik time to get his proposal up, and for any corrections to be made. In the mean time, please feel free to peruse the info, and let me know of any corrections :)

New thread is at: http://www.brianenos.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=26554

Within one day Florida has closed to within less than 4% of Reno. That's a crazy shift in direction.

Although I love FL in the winter and I dig Frank and all, up to this point Erik's the man with the plan, and in the end I'd favor that heavily over a more "ideal location."

be

Within one day Florida has closed to within less than 4% of Reno. That's a crazy shift in direction.

Although I love FL in the winter and I dig Frank and all, up to this point Erik's the man with the plan, and in the end I'd favor that heavily over a more "ideal location."

be

Perhaps what is needed is a Winter Match in FL and and a Spring/Early Summer Match in Reno. That way BE can get 2 vacations ;)

First weekend in May in Reno sounds perfect to me. Weather should be perfect and IMNSHO the reason for this whole venture is for us to meet and play together and show our appreciation to Brian and what this forum has meant to us. If Brian would rather be in Reno then so would I. Frostproof is as close to me as Reno is from Tempe so I would love to have a meet in Florida in January but that is not the point! I vote for Reno and the first weekend in May gives me a great excuse to be out of Louisville Derby week when the rest of the friggin world is here screwing with traffic. You just don't know how quickly the cops can bring the whole city to a halt when the President and the Queen of England are here at the same time! (ask zookeeper and latewatch how much they love Derby).

I'm all for Reno. Might have to bring a CD with the soundtrack from High Plains Drifter.... B)

• 3 weeks later...

Last day of the poll has Erik's proposal for WNPL in the lead by 7 votes. Erik's is still the only true proposal in play (though, to be fair, Erik went way above and beyond what we were initially looking for - it's not the fault of the other locations that they didn't have a formal proposal....).

There's a *lot* of interest in an east coast match at Frostproof, as well.

My humble suggestion, echoing the opinions of others, is that perhaps we proceed with a Reno match for the 1st match, and then pursue Frostproof for a 2nd match - perhaps targeted at 2007. This feels like the path of least resistance, and highest success probability to me, right now.

Many thanks to all who have participated to date!! Let's get this ball rollin'!!! :)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

November in Reno = Cold. If that is a consideration. Probably still warmer there than for many of us north of the 45th parallel but all the contingents from the warmer states might not find it to their liking.

• 2 months later...

For the time being, it's dead, AFAIK. We had a committment ot pursue the match, but it appears to have fallen by the wayside. I don't have time to pick the ball back up, right now, so...

If someone would like to build on the work we did for this last year, feel free :) I'd love to shoot such a match :)

• 3 months later...

This would be fun, so I hope you all won't give up on the idea. I think a mix of IPSC Field Course and Steel Challenge stages for kicks. Thow in some BBQ, a Zydeco band and liquid refreshments (after all the gear is stowed)... B) That would be like Christmas and the 4th of July on the same day. IMHO

I don;t want to douse everyone with water, but if it isn't a match, then it is just a get together and we can forget the guns and just drink, dance and party...don;t want anyone getting frisky and having a real man vs man....

so either a real match or a party...what is it to be..

Didn't know that was the philosophy of the Nordic people...Let's give them a great big hand...cause whatever they are doing, they have some awesome women there...the scenery is great and the food is mostly super too...fly fishing is super and the hunting is good too..