Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

NERD Pistol Coffin reviews ?

it's interested that they are so confident they will refund your match fee if it fails and you get a DQ.

that said, I don't see how the retention is that great. If you really lock down on the trigger guard, it makes it tough to draw. I've tried that, and it's like you're fighting to get the gun out. I would be interested to see how it works in person, but until then I'l stick with what I know works.

It looks like the holster Noveske previously marketed.

With Safariland's ALS, there really isn't a need for anything else. Unless the ALS isn't available for your particular type of gun.

With Safariland's ALS GLS, there really isn't a need for anything else. Unless the ALS GLS isn't available for your particular type of gun.

Fixed it for you :devil:

Is that the one that Romero DQd with a few weeks ago?

Did he get his entry fee back? :roflol:

No idea on the entry fee, but he took the DQ like a man. The pistol coffin is a nice holster but I have seen pistols bounce out of them.

I can walk around upside down on my hands with my ALS, or get my sling caught on my pistol, or get my pistol caught on a wall backing out of a position. After I switched to the ALS I KNOW my pistol inadvertently coming out of my holster wont send me home early from a match. The GLS is also a nice holster too and they seem to have a model to fit darn near anything.

I've been using mine for about 7 months. I believe in it. I have the optional thumb tack and can adjust retention on the fly. Can a pistol come out, yes. But it's going to take some work. The retention is n the trigger guard. The warranty is a big deal to me. Your GLs may have a very low chance of losing your pistol but if it does that's it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Match fees are nothing when you consider, travel, accommodations, ammo cost, and (in my case) leave from work.

Exactly.

I appreciate more options on the market and for the game. However, will be sticking with my GLS and ALS.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

With Safariland's ALS GLS, there really isn't a need for anything else. Unless the ALS GLS isn't available for your particular type of gun.

I played around with a GLS a couple weeks ago. Almost impossible to miss the release, and the same holster fit Glocks, Sigs, and a Century Canik we had laying around. Neat idea. I'm just slow to change, so about the time the next greatest retention holster comes around I'll probably be warmed up to the GLS.

I have just tried a GLS recently and the Safariland ALS with the OTD NUB MOD is even better than the GLS IMHO, much faster release. I thought it was crazy to spend the $30 but after a few practice draws saw it was money well spent. http://www.otdefense.com/nub-mod-for-als.html

I do want to get a GLS to accommodate a couple of other pistols I have that I would like to use for 3gun once in a while.

Edited by Boxerglocker