Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

No GO on Freedom munitions 135 HPs

I also did not do the plunk test until I had already had issue with the ammo. It resulted in the worst jam I have ever had. First round went fine ejected. It picked up the second but failed to return to battery. I couldn't rack the slide to clear and didn't want to force it into battery as it would be unsafe to fire. I had to disassemble and use a rod to knock the round out.

I agree, they danced upon their own phallus with the stepped brass. I bet some bean counting wanker is still congratulating himself on the 1/100 cent savings per piece, unaware of the multitude of customers walking away.

A shame too, as I bought a bunch from them in the past and was happy with the service and product.

Having shot in excess of 10K rounds of FM, including 9mm in 115, 124, 135 and 147, I've had no problems. I don't reload, though - I just collect and send back for brass credit (no time for reloading). This is my primary ammo for practice and local matches.

I bought a case of .45 from them a few years ago that had wildly different OAL's. I can't remember the measurements, but the short ones were so short that I was scared of over pressure and didn't fire them.

Update, I will continue to buy from Freedom. They are replacing the rounds since they didn't work in my setup.

Good on them! I try to support them since they support our shooting sports and they opened a store near my house in Houston!

Update, I will continue to buy from Freedom. They are replacing the rounds since they didn't work in my setup.

Do you have an odd chamber size in your limited Pro? I have a .40 limited pro and anything that passes the chamber gauge has also passed the plunk test.

I was looking at getting a 9mm barrel for it...

Do you have an odd chamber size in your limited Pro? I have a .40 limited pro and anything that passes the chamber gauge has also passed the plunk test.

Barrel is Factory. I spoke with one of the FM guy at the NRA convention and he said he had the same problem his tanfo 9mm but said it loved the 124s

Edited by Tonyscomputery

Barrel is Factory. I spoke with one of the FM guy at the NRA convention and he said he had the same problem his tanfo 9mm but said it loved the 124s

So why don't they make a better profile 135????

I have shot about 2k of there 115gr no problem and atleast 5k of the 180gr 40 sw no problem

I have shot no less then 10,000rds of their 9mm and .40. Everything from their match to the remanufactured stuff and never had as much as a dud with it. Now granted no ammo company is immune to bad lots. I am positive if you had an issue with a lot they would rectify the problem, it helps them identity and recall ammo. To label all Freedom Muntions as bad is silly. Now if you reached out to them and they blew you, then fill free to blog your frustration with them. If you haven't approached them, and given them a chance to fix it, you are just whining. Edited by Rangerdug

So.... what is the problem with the stepped brass specifically? I don't filter it out of my range brass and have never had a problem with it shooting 147gr minor.

The step is a potential "stress riser" (stress concentration area) It is generally not an issue till the ammo is reloaded and even

then several times, but as some here have reported failures have happened with new brass.

As of a several weeks ago the stepped brass is no longer used. Yes. some new ammo on the shelf will have it until that stock

is exhausted.

Freedom Munitions Customer Service is Top notch, They just take the Ammo Back when there is a problem.

The problem is their Ammo is Hit or Miss. You Definintly cant depend on it in a Match. Their Quality Control

doesnt exist.. It all starts at the Top. Kinda makes the Owner look Bad..

It is all I have used at matches for two years. Won several majors with it too.

Yeah, they dont want their ammo failing with you using it. They probably have separate ammo for pro shooters and the others like you that

do reviews and such.. I'm telling ya, I would say 30% of the ammo i got from them over the years i had to send back..

The last 1,000 rounds of 147 Gr. RN I got from them, when I put them in my Shockbottle it looked like a Supercross Track.

The OAL went from 1.070 to 1.150

The rounds that were under 1.1 were in the middle of the Trays so it's not like it got pushed back from dropping

the Case in Shipping..

Edited by bigtimelarry