Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Fixed Sight Alternatives

BrianATL

I have a P-16 with a low mount fixed rear sight. I would like to change to adjustable sight preferably Bomar but not sure If I want to mill the slide. Anyone have any brilliant ideas. And will I have to also change front sight this would be a great excuse to go for that fiber optic front sight I have been wanting as well.

Thanks

call dave dawson, i think he has an adjustable sight for paras(like the glock)

idk if its for the one that comes with the bomar clones or if its the fixed sight

I know he makes them for the fixed sight kimbers.

I dont know if Heinie makes sights for Kimber or Para, but Im sure they probably do. I love the Heinie slant pros. Scott Warren also makes the Warren rear that Phil Strader had put on his LImited gasser and Ernest Langdon also has one on a few of his guns. It has the U shaped rear notch that is radiused in the bottom corner. This sight is also fixed. Looks pretty nice.

call dave dawson, i think he has an adjustable sight for paras(like the glock)

idk if its for the one that comes with the bomar clones or if its the fixed sight

I know he makes them for the fixed sight kimbers.

I talked with the guys at Dawson Precision, they said they don't have a adjustable available now but they do plan on making one.

I have a P-16 with a low mount fixed rear sight. I would like to change to adjustable sight preferably Bomar but not sure If I want to mill the slide. Anyone have any brilliant ideas. And will I have to also change front sight this would be a great excuse to go for that fiber optic front sight I have been wanting as well.

Thanks

do you have a photo of your slide and the rear sight cut...

there are lot of different cut out there...

if it is milled already..for like a novak or heinie or some other fixed version you are going to be very limited to your choice...in what would fit your existing cut..

then you will be still limited in what you can make to work on your existing slide..I have seen repair jobs where it is all milled away..a new piece of steel is welded in and all of it recut..but that starts adding up too..

anyway..first of all..what do you have..

check [url=http://www.brownells.com

for the mmc combat adjustable sights, if you para has a novak rear sight cut,

however it may be hard to find a matching front sight that will fit the para

front sight dovetail.

I guess it would kinda depend on what is in the gun now?  Is it a Novak sight?  Dot they have a different dovetail cut than others?  Sounds like the slide would need milled for an adjustable, regardless?

It currently wears the factory Para fixed low mount sight ( novak look alike)

I talked with the guys at Dawson Precision, they said they don't have a adjustable available now but they do plan on making one.

Dawson referred me to CHAMPION GUN SIGHTS

I am waiting now for a catalog as they admit they have a web site in need of repair ;)

Regards,

This looks to be possibly promising thanks for the info