Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2016 WSSC Registration

ZackJones

I am hoping, considering the newer even stricter gun and mag laws that have been proposed in CA, that for 2017 the match is moved to a gun friendlier state than California, the state I was born in. When I was a young man and people asked me where the place I was born is located I used to tell them it was about 2 miles from San Quentin Prison.

I am waiting to register. I sent in the form for WSSC match staff. I haven't even received a basic response saying that they received my staff application. If I get picked for staff I will go if I can shoot 3 guns. If not, not sure I will go. The staff reimbursements make the match much more appealing ;)

I finally heard back from Troy regarding staff shooting. You can shoot more than one gun you just have to pay the fee for the additional gun(s). I asked when he was going to notify personnel of staff selection but I haven't heard back on that yet.

here's the relevant part of the appl:

"but due to staffing needs you will only be able to compete on Rimfire day, Thursday, August 25."

Did Troy understand that the question was about shooting 3 guns on Thurs?

here's the relevant part of the appl:

"but due to staffing needs you will only be able to compete on Rimfire day, Thursday, August 25."

Did Troy understand that the question was about shooting 3 guns on Thurs?

Yes. My question was "If a shooter wants to pay can he shoot more than one gun on staff day" (emphasis added by me)

So if anyone gives you grief I have approval from DNROI who blessed it :).

• 1 month later...

Does WSSC do awards to different classes within each Division, such as High A, High B etc?

I wasn't sure so I just went and fixed all my classes for each Division now that they are all separate in the new classification system.

Edited by scottlep

Does WSSC do awards to different classes within each Division, such as High A, High B etc?

I wasn't sure so I just went and fixed all my classes for each Division now that we they are all separate in the new classification system.

Not sure. I'll ask and get back to you.

I wasn't sure so I just went and fixed all my classes for each Division now that they are all separate in the new classification system.

Troy said it's under consideration. I will let you know when I have a better answer.

• 1 month later...
1 minute ago, RickT said:

If I "beat" my wife Im' guaranteed a top 5 in SS and probably better than that in SSr SS!  Doesn't seem to be much love for SS; 9mm 1911s are nice platforms.

SS is up to 9 now. We have had several people register at the last minute.

So only 216 guns registered so far?  Is that normal?  I see on the registration page that it says "only three spots left"---is the World SC match limited to 230 shooters or something? (Since it has been said that a couple more had registered.)

Looking back, I see that last year was 211 guns and the previous was 206 (assuming I can add correctly, and ignoring shotgun) --- I had just always assumed that the World SC Championships would be significantly bigger than that, particularly since people can shoot in three separate divisions, and especially since it is held over three days.  (And I would assume that the range has more than one setup for each stage---but even if they don't, right now that's only 82 guns for Rimfire/PCCO one day, leaving only 67 guns per day the other two days.  That's 8-9 guns per squad per day---doesn't the whole match only take about half a day with those squad sizes?)

I guess I'm just surprised it isn't a bigger match.  Are we down in size from previous years, or is the size it has always been?