Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2016 WSSC Registration

ZackJones

On August 20, 2016 at 0:27 AM, Thomas H said:

So only 216 guns registered so far?  Is that normal?  I see on the registration page that it says "only three spots left"---is the World SC match limited to 230 shooters or something? (Since it has been said that a couple more had registered.)

Looking back, I see that last year was 211 guns and the previous was 206 (assuming I can add correctly, and ignoring shotgun) --- I had just always assumed that the World SC Championships would be significantly bigger than that, particularly since people can shoot in three separate divisions, and especially since it is held over three days.  (And I would assume that the range has more than one setup for each stage---but even if they don't, right now that's only 82 guns for Rimfire/PCCO one day, leaving only 67 guns per day the other two days.  That's 8-9 guns per squad per day---doesn't the whole match only take about half a day with those squad sizes?)

I guess I'm just surprised it isn't a bigger match.  Are we down in size from previous years, or is the size it has always been?

I will have better numbers after registration closes tonight at 11:30 but right now I have 255 guns in the match. The match was limited due to the number of shooters permitted per squad. I'm not sure who made that decision. One problem I've discovered is the way shooters are counted on the PractiScore web site. For example if s shooter registers and later withdraws they are still counted in the count on the web site. 

This is the first year I've been involved with running the match so I don't really know how it compares or how exactly things run. I will know more a week from now.

I just shot the club match on the Hogue range.  Practice is available Monday through Thursday beginning 0800.  You need to sign a waiver each day you practice.  Fee is $20/day.  I don't recall what was said about Friday.  Monday and Tuesday practice occurs on the match bays.  After Tuesday practice moves to the Cowboy area, same as last year I believe. You need to drive to the Cowboy area. 

Edited by RickT