Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Guns work better when you feed them bullets.

One of my first USPSA matches I shot I was shooting limited and not running base pad extensions yet, and after watching other shooters loading a "Barney" round I began doing the same. Well the third stage of the day rolls around and I proceeded to load an extra round, eject that magazine and instead of loading a fresh magazine just re-holstered and began the stage. When the buzzer went off I drew, fired my one round and then tried to execute an immediate action drill as a response to the gun going click on my second trigger pull, at which point I realized that I had no mag in the gun. Moral of the story, check and double check that you have a properly seated mag in the gun before you re-holster to start a stage or you'll end up getting called Barney for the rest of your life.

I forgot to reload both my rifle and my pistol mags for one stage. Round count was 20 for pistol, 10 for rifle. I had a total of 8 pistol rounds and 3 rifle rounds on me when I started the stage. That's why I always make a bee-line to my wagon to load up all of my mags after every stage.

Same theory applies to unloaded starts. Make sure you properly seat the mag. On the bright side the gun racks really smoothly when it doesn't have to strip the first round off the mag and feed it into the chamber! :-)

go to the 5:12 mark if you want to see what i am talking about. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Bfbc7EojOK0

yeah, one has to be careful with names around here.

To ease the pain, Barney, look at Youngeyes avatar and picture the word "Daddy?" over it.

that one was a riot!

hohohohohohohohohohoho

miranda