Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

DQ of shooter for a social media post?

mosher

Get off Social Media.........if you have a beef with someone, their policies, then TALK to them. Airing your shorts on social media is childish.

Ironic. This MD and his friend were berating me on a different forum and I told him he ran his mouth too much and if they had a problem they should talk to me at the match.

The MD didn't want to do talk to me at the match so he banned me from it.

This is the only warning this thread is going to get. I remind EVERYONE of the following:

Posting Guidelines

Attitude

Please be polite. Or if not polite, at least respectful.

No bickering. Regardless of the subject matter.

Antagonistic, offensive, or quarrelsome tones are not acceptable.

No trolling. No alternate accounts.

GrumpyOne BE Forums Moderator

As usual from this guy it's not the whole truth. It's not even the whole truth he posted on Doodie. The email he posted a snippet of above is quite a bit longer and he (maybe) posted the whole thing on another site. When he didn't get the expected response it came here. Simply a lie of omission. It's like saying I was DQ'd by a club for running with a gun in my hand. When the truth is I ran with a gun in my hand with my finger on the trigger, and had an AD that hit the RO. Is the first technically true? Sure. Is it anywhere near the actual truth? No. If I had any doubt this guy shouldn't be allowed on a range before (and I did have doubt about that decision) this took that doubt away.

Chuck,

Pictured is the post I made that resulted in me being banned from the match. No more, no less.

If you feel I am being less honest about it, by all means please correct me. I am looking for as much information about the reasoning behind this decision as I can find and you seem to indicate you have information to the contrary.

As we haven't formally met, do you shoot at this match in question? I don't recall you.

w4vuv5Y.jpg

Moving forward, I am curious to know if DQing a shooter just because the MD doesn't like him is allowable under the rules.

I think that sets a very undesirable precedent.

Under 6.4.4 it sure seems possible.

... wow...

how fortunate I am not in charge of everything... (a more truthful statement is hard to find.)

pissing match aside.

the match director has the authority to ban a player.

the real question here is abuse of authority or not.

over such tiffs as this

it is not unusual for one side to be telling the complete truth.

What we do not have is what I feel is a good way to check any facts, should we be curious.

last and least we could also add our own spin to it

My favorite is that the MD knows someone

has brassknuckles and is planning to use them at the first opportunity....

so the MD is avoiding the trouble.

fun stuff.

miranda

You are not being DQed, you are not being allowed to shoot a match. Much different.

The way I interpret it is: You are not being DQed, you are not being allowed to shoot at a club. A private club certainly has the right to disinvite people from their membership and from participating in their activities.

Sort this out face to face with the people involved, don't air it on Facebook or on a public forum or on the Internet, period.

With all due respect, mosher, I find it hard to believe anything you say after having read your prior antics here on benos and reading your posts about the present situation on "other" forums.

It's unfortunate that you seem to repeatedly be involved in conflicts with organizations and persons in our sport. By my view, every single instance was avoidable by exercising even basic courtesy and respect.

The most objectionable part of your behavior is making (apparently, at the time) genuine apologies to people and then turning right around and smearing them again, only to then explain to third parties that the original apology was sarcastic or ironic.

This exposes your true character and inner nature.

I think it's sad.

You are not being DQed, you are not being allowed to shoot a match. Much different.

The way I interpret it is: You are not being DQed, you are not being allowed to shoot at a club. A private club certainly has the right to disinvite people from their membership and from participating in their activities.

Sort this out face to face with the people involved, don't air it on Facebook or on a public forum or on the Internet, period.

Good advice, thanks.

Spoke with the club, they say it is not the case and they have no involvement in banning me from the match, they say it is a USPSA decision.

I'll see if I can get a face to face with the USPSA folks.

With all due respect, mosher, I find it hard to believe anything you say after having read your prior antics here on benos and reading your posts about the present situation on "other" forums.

It's unfortunate that you seem to repeatedly be involved in conflicts with organizations and persons in our sport. By my view, every single instance was avoidable by exercising even basic courtesy and respect.

The most objectionable part of your behavior is making (apparently, at the time) genuine apologies to people and then turning right around and smearing them again, only to then explain to third parties that the original apology was sarcastic or ironic.

This exposes your true character and inner nature.

I think it's sad.

Not quite sure what you're referring to, but thanks for the candor. I'll take it into consideration.

While a discussion on the proper application of this rule would be interesting and informative, that is not what this thread is about.

Just about the last thing that Brian wants for this forum is for it to be a "soapbox" (which is exactly what this thread is). There are other places for that, if one chooses to seek that type of interaction.

Thread Closed.