Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

a new Tanfo for IDPA!

matts2k

The checkering looks halfhearted. The rear sight, however, looks interesting. It appears to be a fixed sight. I wonder if it can be used on Stock 2.

For someone who already has a Stock 2, Lim Pro is still the best bet for IDPA. They have identical grips, etc. The Stock I looks like to have different grips.

Not sure about that front strap (finger grooves?) and back strap (MORE finger grooves?) but it might be cool.

Should be a lower cost alternative to the Lim Pro.

Given the Match platform is now nearly the same $ as the current round trigger guard stock 1....I doubt the new S1 will be much lower priced than the lim pro. It would be nice if it was low price!

Well..... Stainless vs. blue, Fixed sight vs adjustable... hopefully a couple hundred cheaper. Sticking with the Lim Pro myself.

Actually, I thought the competition frames were chrome plated normal steel, not stainless. Yes? No?

I can't see the need for the beavertail to exceed past the bottom of the pistol.

I would also rather see the length up front to translate to sight radius, like on the limited pro.

Some slight work on shortening the beavertail and thinning the safeties on the limited pro would have been perfect.

The extra length of the limited pro up front probably makes up for any benefit of the longer dust cover.

I agree that it should be priced a lot lower than a limited pro.

Just my opinion though.

I can't see the need for the beavertail to exceed past the bottom of the pistol.

I would also rather see the length up front to translate to sight radius, like on the limited pro.

Some slight work on shortening the beavertail and thinning the safeties on the limited pro would have been perfect....

Lim Pro fits the box (now), and the right side safety is removable (and still IDPA legal as such).

They could offer it again without the ambit safety though...LOVE the huge safety for a thumb rest.

Some people are saying in other groups that the only solution is to get new safeties off another model. They say that modification or even taking one side off moves you to ESP and out of

USPSA production. I'm also hearing from a (SO trainer) that it doesn't matter, as long as it fits in the box and you don't have that shaft hanging out.

I have been running mine without the strong side lever on, but running it in ESP. The shaft sticks out a little, but it fits in the box just fine.

There seems to be a wide range of interpretations on this issue.