Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

155mm mags?

mwray

You really only need one 170mm mag, at most 2 so you have a spare. Any stage you can't finish with one maxed out 170, a single reload to any size mag will get you the rest of the way.

The 155 isn't really an alternative to the 170, they are an alternative to 140's

Hello: You can make a 155mm magazine hold 29 if you use the right base pad. My 140mm mags hold 25 rounds of 9mm for open. I am not using my 170mm mags as much as I used to now. Thanks, Eric

That creates a problem for me since my MBX mags have proprietary base pads

I have 170, 155 and 140 mags for my 9mm major Open gun. I actually prefer reloading to the 155 verses the 170 if my stage plan requires me to reload to a 25+ round mag. The 155 mag just seems less awkward to handle during the reload and it seems to not flop around on my belt as much while running around before the reload. I can cram 30 rounds into the 170 and 27 rounds into the 155 so there isn't much of a difference between the two from a round count perspective.

I guess I am strange because I prefer to use the 140 mags most of the time when shooting Open and simply do a reload as needed just like I would in Limited. The weight of the gun feels "normal" with the 140 mags and they are a lot less error prone than the 170 or 150 mags. The only time I will use the 155 or 170 mags are when it is a significant advantage of not having to do a load for a whole stage or a section of a stage.