Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Stock 2 - Power Factor

emjei

Normally I shoot 147s, but have shot some 124s as well.

135PF, 10lb+ recoil spring.

I'm not saying YOUR gun won't run with less, but I've had issues before that were corrected by increasing to the specs above, so I'm convinced that is what the gun likes best.

Right now the only components I have are :

RMR 147gr

Titegroup

At 1.100 OAL and 3.0TG is barely making 125PF

A test with 3.1 TG got me to 892FPS .....thats about 130PF

Recoil felt soft and fast with the 8# spring

Mj

126PF is too risky to bring to major matches. I run 130+PF, e.g. 147gr @ 880+ fps out of barrel.

Sluggish feeling has more to do with lube and springs than to the small differences in PFs.

Whats your Load MilkMyDuds ???

Mj

126PF is too risky to bring to major matches. I run 130+PF, e.g. 147gr @ 880+ fps out of barrel.

Sluggish feeling has more to do with lube and springs than to the small differences in PFs.

Whats your Load MilkMyDuds ???

Mj

3.2gr N320 + 147gr Bayou FP + Winchester small pistol primer loaded to 1.138OAL

Edited by MilkMyDuds

135 gr Bayou RN, 3.7gr ETR-7 @ 1.085-1.105, 134 PF, Federal, 10 lb recoil spring, extra power mag springs.

Enough power for steel & reliable operation in adverse circumstances.

I run the same exact load and it runs mine great. Except when the powder measure is out of wack ;).

135 gr Bayou RN, 3.7gr ETR-7 @ 1.085-1.105, 134 PF, Federal, 10 lb recoil spring, extra power mag springs.

Enough power for steel & reliable operation in adverse circumstances.

I run the same exact load and it runs mine great. Except when the powder measure is out of wack ;).

Powder measure replaced with a UniqueTek Micrometer - will be easier to see if bumped.

I'm running 125gr rn blue bullets at 1.083 oal with 3.3gr of N310 at 131pf and a 9# recoil spring.

Why such a short oal? My stock II will do 125gr blue bullets @ 1.150 oal and not hit the groves in the barrel. Is there any reason to load shorter than that?

I'm running 125gr rn blue bullets at 1.083 oal with 3.3gr of N310 at 131pf and a 9# recoil spring.

Why such a short oal? My stock II will do 125gr blue bullets @ 1.150 oal and not hit the groves in the barrel. Is there any reason to load shorter than that?

I run 147gr BBI bullets at 1.085 in mine over 3.2 of Win231.... My bullet profile is different than your 125s but from what I have gathered the newer batches of Stock II's seem to not be reamed out as long. Mine will only run about 1.09 before hitting the landings with my 147's.. If you have an older stock II I see guys posting that are running the lengths you have mentioned 1.15. I have thought about having mine reamed but it seems to run fine like it is so I doubt I mess with it.

I'm at 3.1gr of TightGroup with a 147SNS FP at 1.145 OAL and just made 135pf at Area 6

Wow.....That high? ?? What was the temperature ??

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

I'm at 3.1gr of TightGroup with a 147SNS FP at 1.145 OAL and just made 135pf at Area 6

Wow.....That high? ?? What was the temperature ??

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

It was in the mid 80's. I actually was expecting to get 137ish PF, which is what it chrono'ed at when I tested it the week before.

My gun has always seemed a little high on the chrono compared to what other people are getting with comparable loads.

When I was testing the loads with my S2 I was at ~130pf with 3.0gr, ~136pf with 3.1gr and ~142pf with 3.2gr

• 2 years later...