Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Is this USPSA Production " legal " ?

LoadMakeReady

Hey guys random question here . Unless I'm blind I don't see anything in the rules about having canted / angled mag pouches as long as they are behind the hip bones . I saw some of the guys at production nats last year doing this and several local , yet I have had multiple people tell me no . Am I missing something or are the guys telling me no policing their own made up rules . Can anyone give me some insight please ?

post-63298-0-54642800-1460393903_thumb.j

Awesome thank you sir . I've been trying to get a concrete answer for this because I see no reason why I should get bumped to limited or open for it which is what I was told . Needless to say I haven't been back there since :angry2:

You are correct. Do what you like with them as long as they stay behind hip bone

When people tell you something that you question, just ask them to quote a rule that supports their viewpoint.

That's good advice. They'll spend so much time looking for a rule that doesn't exist they'll probably learn a few other things in the process.

I see no reason why I should get bumped to limited or open for it which is what I was told .

There is no bump to limited. If your gear doesn't fit the division you signed up for, it is a bump to open. If your gear doesn't fit open(max mag length) you are shooting for no score.