Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

So I bought a DVC, what now?

Slow250

So I found a DVC for 2300 and scooped it up. I have mostly shot production, but have done a few limited matches with my G35. Obviously I'll be focusing on limited shooting now, what are the must haves? Can I expect good results using the STI mags (one or two more at 63 bucks each is pretty easy vice another 600 for 4 Brazos tuned mags)? I'm thinking a race master holster with my ghost 360 pouches for now. Upgrading my mag pouches seems to be my lowest priority right now. I'm used to guns that are pretty easy to keep going, do I need a bunch of spare parts and springs in my range bag? Thanks for the help.

Factory STI mags should probably work, but you will be getting hurt on the capacity vs the fancy magazines. Most magazine problems seem to happen once you start messing with the guts and basepads and everything.

RM is a great holster.

You may also want to experiment with load length if you are having feed reliability issues. A friend had feed issues until he settled on 1.2" vs SAAMI specs. I learned from his experiments and spoke to my gunsmith and settled on the same 1.2". YMMV

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Factory STI mags should probably work, but you will be getting hurt on the capacity vs the fancy magazines. Most magazine problems seem to happen once you start messing with the guts and basepads and everything.

RM is a great holster.

Thanks, I'll probably start with STI and see how that goes. It's almost the same cost to get a mag vs just the tube anyway.

RM is a great holster.

Thanks, I'll probably start with STI and see how that goes. It's almost the same cost to get a mag vs just the tube anyway.
Good plan. And then down the road, buy some TTI guts and basepads and bump up your capacity to 20/21.

Load long -> 1.180 or longer.

Drop the recoil spring to 12lb and have a 10lb to try.

I went with MBX Mags and they work great. I didn't want to buy tubes and guts and it be on me to get them to work.

If it's like mine...Get a couple of hundred rounds through it before you mess with anything. Mine was VERY tight from the factory and ran better the more I shot it. ENJOY! :D

You may also want to experiment with load length if you are having feed reliability issues. A friend had feed issues until he settled on 1.2" vs SAAMI specs. I learned from his experiments and spoke to my gunsmith and settled on the same 1.2". YMMV

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the advice... I've been shooting factory rounds with my glocks with no issues. I saw that the ammo I've been generally using was 1.125 OAL, and had several failure to feed issues during my first day at the range with the DVC.

I've never had to pay much attention to ammo beyond what felt the best in recoil, so this will be new to me. I probably wont begin loading my own ammo in the near future unless I simply can't get anything to run reliably. I will find some longer rounds per your advice though.

I finally settled on 1.175 LOA SNS 200 grain bullets , 4.0 grains WST and a 12.5 ISMI recoil spring. This was a very soft and repeatable combination. Feel free to ask more questions as you will certainly get more advice.

Load long -> 1.180 or longer.

Drop the recoil spring to 12lb and have a 10lb to try.

I went with MBX Mags and they work great. I didn't want to buy tubes and guts and it be on me to get them to work.

If it's like mine...Get a couple of hundred rounds through it before you mess with anything. Mine was VERY tight from the factory and ran better the more I shot it. ENJOY! :D

I second this advice - two MBX mags gets you 21 reloadable - Load to 1.18-1.20 - Dawson Ice magwell, 12lb spring, and shoot the piss out of it. Recommended load is 180gr rnfp at 1.185 over 3.9gr E3.