Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Talk me Out of a mark 7 (or into one)

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bought a used Super 1050 and a M7... still trying to tweak it to run smoothly. But it is DEFINITELY easier on my wrist, elbow, and shoulder!! Highly recommend it. The only problem now is, looking over at my lonely 650 with 7 quick change tool heads ;)

Not better, just faster. You can run at 2400/hr to process. To load, powder in major rnds would be flying at 2400/hr. Also in my opinion, 2400/hr is a little harder on the machine.

I'm good with 1800.

Yeah, I was ok with the slower speed. Thanks.

so... any of you folks that received your Mark VII's today get them running?

Little hiccup on the bullet feeder, but that should be here tomorrow.

Somewhat surprised the pro upgrade requires a bit more assembly (swapping out the drive sprockets), but fortunately I had the tools (i.e. a gear puller) to do it right, but no joy in the end... no USB connection. Somewhere along the line the tablet, controller and motor are not playing with one another. :-(

M

Not yet, arrives Tuesday.

Did you try calling them?

No, it was to late, but Anthony's been in touch with me via e-mail. Of all things it was the USB cable. Tried swapping it out with one for my camera and everything is up and running now.

As far as the X vs Pro? Good-googly-moogly - 2,400 rounds an hour is not ludicrous speed... it's PLAID!!!

M

Talk to me when you have your machines reliably LOADING (not just brass processing) at 2400 RPH.

Exactly...

I don't see how it could be done. You couldn't get powder into the drop or case fast enough. Even if you did you would be slinging it all over. The shell plate is moving rather smartly at that speed.

I guess the upper or lower dwell time could be extended to give the powder measure time to work, but at that point you have reduced the overall output and are just beating the machine up in between rounds.

All of that having been said; it's still pretty impressive to watch this thing whipping out 9mm cases (even without primers, powder or bullets) faster than you could crank it by hand!

M

Awesome stuff!

Ended up selling both of my Hornady LNL AP's this weekend, which chewed through my time (but covered a hunk of the Mark 7 cost!).

Hope to get the balance of the dies and bullet feeder setup this week.

M

Awesome stuff!

Ended up selling both of my Hornady LNL AP's this weekend, which chewed through my time (but covered a hunk of the Mark 7 cost!).

Hope to get the balance of the dies and bullet feeder setup this week.

M

I've been trying to sell mine as well. You sell locally?

Sent from my Z812 using Tapatalk