Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Tanfoglio Slide Stop Breakage ?

emjei

I am new to Tanfos. Would love to know what are the parts easily broken, trigger bar? trigger return spring? Will need to have some spare in the range bag.

Thanks.

Keep a couple trigger return springs handy. That's all I've broken.

I managed to dry fire enough to round the corner of the firing pin block so the safety check would fail.

20160317_082538_zpse8mmh0po.jpg

I just tried the #83 o-ring on the back of the firing pin. It works great to protect the hammer hitting on the firing pin in dry fire.

post-56818-0-15790100-1458567567_thumb.j

I managed to dry fire enough to round the corner of the firing pin block so the safety check would fail.

I just tried the #83 o-ring on the back of the firing pin. It works great to protect the hammer hitting on the firing pin in dry fire.

I use my used disposable ear plugs and it dampens the impact. Seems to work also.

I moved from CZ Shadow to Stock 2 for obvious reasons

I know by experience that CZ Slide Stops break when you least need them too.

I found a spare slide lock on my tool box and realized that it works therefore that one will become my practice one.....the OEM will be my Match one.

Nothing wrong by saving $$$

Ps

My Stock 2 is a Large frame

Mj

My 9mm Limited has almost 30k on it, and I haven't broken anything. I change springs every 10k or so. My other guns are all under 10k and they haven't had anything broken either.

But I think the .40's hammer stuff a lot more.

Yes, 40 is much harder on equipment. Rear sights (3) and extractors (2) seem to be the most prone to breakage. I change all springs every 3-5k, but oddly enough I broke a recoil spring recently. Gun is a Limited.

This is AWESOME!