Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

slugs

reddot556

what slugs have you guys&gals found to be the most accurate?..I have a benelli m2 tactical. I do not compete but i would like to be as accurate as i can. I also have a Fastfire 3 mounted to the rail..Thanks..

ooppss..also,what range is the best to zero at?

I am new to the shot gun world but I just went thru some basic pattering/zeroing to get my shotgun ready for the 3G season.

I have found three different brands, mixed loads, all to be different. Some were high left, some were all over, some right on and it changed with certain chokes.

My gun really likes Fiocchi 7/8 once slugs thru IC & M chokes. No real difference in Group size. The recoil is also more tame then some of the other brands I was trying.

Federal Tru-ball 1350 fps.

Here are two groups from a M1 "slugster" 18.5" with rifle sights. 2.5"ish at 100 yds. and a M2 "18.5 barrel with rifle sights at 3"ish cylinder choke. I always wondered what they would be with a 10x scope? :goof:

post-11850-0-53386400-1458333379_thumb.j

My M2 Salient with a LM choke likes Fiocchi 7/8 ounce slugs. Federal Low Recoil work good, Remington Low Recoil Sluggers only

fair. Like others have written, buy a mix of slugs and see what works best for you shotgun.

My M2 Salient with a LM choke likes Fiocchi 7/8 ounce slugs. Federal Low Recoil work good, Remington Low Recoil Sluggers only fair. Like others have written, buy a mix of slugs and see what works best for you shotgun.

Ditto on the Fiocchis. My M2 shoots very accurately with the 1300fps 7/8oz loads. Most M2s that I have seen, though, can't cycle the 1100fps 1oz loads from Fiocchi, so make sure you get the right ones! Although I zeroed with Light Mod, I have tested from Skeet up to Light Full and seen no appreciable difference in pattern at 50 yards, which is nice.