Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

It looks like if you are shooting PCC you can shoot all targets on any course except frangible or a target set in the place of a clay on some ranges where clays may not be used. Does the PCC rule supersede a stage rule that says your handgun or shotgun must be fired or you get a procedural?

Different PCC question: does the M1 carbine qualify as a PCC? (Why? Because it's a fun little gun, that's why.)

I know of at least two pistols that were made that used .30 carbine ammo: Ruger made a version of the Redhawk, and AMT made a version of the Automag.

Is that enough to qualify .30 carbine as a "center-fire pistol cartridge?"

(Honestly, at most local matches, with no prizes at stake, I don't think anyone would care, and most shooters would probably think it was pretty cool/fun. 15 round mags may or may not be a disadvantage.)

Momentum (power factor) is not an indication of rather a cartridge is a rifle or a pistol caliber. The 30 carbine is a mixed breed while it was designed for use in carbines, the original concept of the M1 carbine was to replace the 1911 .45 acp pistol in the military. I would say its more in common with pistol calibers than traditional rifle calibers personally.

Pat

Pat, I'm not going to argue that. It's anemic for a long gun. But, so is 223. And no, I wouldn't want to be shot with either.

Not trying to argue with you just going over the history. A .223 is not anemic for what it was designed to do. An assault rifle cartridge. (Intermediate power between a subgun and a full power rifle.)

A 110 grain bullet at 2000 , or a 77 grain bullet at 2200??? Sounds decisive to me! Granted, one has a bit better penetration in Kevlar due to frontal area.....but not by much! One is way under rated due to folk lore......you call! ;)

Always wanted a 30 carbine, but never bought one. Was friends with a Korean War USMC vet who wanted to bring his back so he could piss on it every morning. It was an understatement to say he hated it. Then again, his favorite weapon for repelling attacks was a quad .50. I think the new super bullets might change his mind.

Can we agree that ballisticly 30 carbine is similar to 357 magnum?

No. This is the internet.

If we wanted to agree on something, we'd have a civil discussion in meatspace, over cigars and scotch. Or beers. Your choice. :roflol:

This thread sucks for the OP...

Crying in his scotch right now. Not a single answer to his question in 5 days before I recommended he get in touch with 3GN directly. No one who has posted in this thread since has even touched on his question, and that would now include you as well. The mysteries of 3GN are beyond the grasp of the Enoverse....