Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Getting higher classification before a major?

LeviSS

I'm wanting to sign up for a major match. I haven't had a classifier in almost a year and am pretty sure I'm gonna move up a rank. I think ill be shooting a classifier this month or next. If I sign up at my current classification and go up a notch before the major, will that be a problem? Will it be an easy fix at the match?

There should be no problem changing your classification at the match. When you sign-in check to see which classification they show you shooting at the match. If your new classification is not up to date just let the match director know and it will be changed. You also can email or call the director of the match ahead of time and the classification will be changed. I have had this happen to me in the pass and changing my classification was no problem. Good luck at your match.

If it's going to be over a year when you shoot the mm, technically, unless they have changed the rules, you will not be classified. Last time I looked you had to shoot a classifier within a year to remain classified.

FWIW

Richard

PS: Have the new rules book but never have time to get into it.