Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CZ TS mods

Grant

It is good to go out of the box. Trigger will be 2lb or less. the only thing you need is a mag well and CZC TS extended base pads. Aluminum extended base pads for the 40 S&W TS These new base pads should be used in conjunction with the CZC Follower & Magazine Spring. Increase the capacity of your 40 TS to 20 rounds.

Respectfully disagree, about the magwell. The stock magwell is perfectly serviceable. Give it a try before spending the $$. I’ve got the CZC on mine. It works fine with their base pads but not at all with the stock ones, unless you sand them down. Every once in while I shoot an IPSC match which preclude the CZC base pads. I ended up going direct to CZ (in the Czeck Republic to get IPSC legal +1 pads. The work with the CZC magwell but you have to pay close attention to seating them all the way in. The would work better with the stock or CZ aftermarket magwell. Point of interest: shipping, while expensive, took 3 days. I can’t get stuff in the US delivered that quick.

I did put a fiber optic frond sight and fully adjustable rear. I like the FO sight. The rear sight looks great and, after pinning it in place, it works fine. However, I never adjust it. I could have spent the money on ammo.

Remove from box.

Add bullets.

Shoot.

In all honesty though, I added a fiber optic front, some taylor freelance basepads, and grip tape. I later did the grip reduction and got the CZC IPSC size magwell. That gun doesn't need much to be good.

In my opinion the Taylor freelance basepads are just as good as the CZC, but I don't think they will seat with the large CZC magwell, and they require an allen to take down. I do like that my CZC is tool-less. I use the CZC guts in all my mags, and get 21 reloadable.

I would probably (and likely will when I start shooting limited again) get the Dawson front sight instead of the CZC, I don't really like how wide it is. Doesn't leave much space on either side in the rear notch.

The Dawson FO front sight is terrific, and it drops right in. You don't have to drill a hole for the bushing pin. It's already there.

Springer Precision also makes base pads for the TS. While I like the CZC mag spring and follower, the springs are light and wear quickly. After a few months they don't push the follower up high enough to lock the slide back. I'm going to try the Grams springs next.

The Dawson FO front sight is terrific, and it drops right in. You don't have to drill a hole for the bushing pin. It's already there.

Springer Precision also makes base pads for the TS. While I like the CZC mag spring and follower, the springs are light and wear quickly. After a few months they don't push the follower up high enough to lock the slide back. I'm going to try the Grams springs next.

They aren't designed to lock back the slide, FYI. Neither are grams.

Gooldy, that's not what CZC says. Also, I posed this question in this forum and everyone who had Grams springs and followers said they locked back.

Increasing magazine capacity and reliability.

May not lock the slide back.

That is off of the CZC website, but I don't know what they may have specifically told you or not. I know none of my 3 lock back, and never have, so I naturally assumed they all didn't.

I am probably wrong about the Grams ones though.

all my ts mags lock back. I only shot mine for a few months, but if the springs sack out, I just stretch them out again (referred to as 'cold setting', lol). I'll prob switch back to limited this fall.

I agree that the stock magwell is serviceable, tho not nearly as pretty as the aftermarket ones.

Only thing I did to mine was sand down the front sight to be a bit narrower

all my ts mags lock back. I only shot mine for a few months, but if the springs sack out, I just stretch them out again (referred to as 'cold setting', lol). I'll prob switch back to limited this fall.

I agree that the stock magwell is serviceable, tho not nearly as pretty as the aftermarket ones.

They look back with the CZC guts? Mine all lock back with factory guts, but that isn't really what is being talked about here. Though, if locking back is important to you, factory guts with the CZC or TF basepads will probably still get you 19 easily reloadable, which is still the same as most 2011s, and will definitely lock back.

They look back with the CZC guts? Mine all lock back with factory guts, but that isn't really what is being talked about here. Though, if locking back is important to you, factory guts with the CZC or TF basepads will probably still get you 19 easily reloadable, which is still the same as most 2011s, and will definitely lock back.

yes, they all lock back with the czc springs and followers. I've never run them dry in a match, but for practice I typically only load 12-15 rounds at a time and do occasionally run dry. But as I mentioned, mine haven't gotten a ton of use yet. 3-4 months worth of practice and matches, and I was going to shoot limited again last fall, but then cut a tendon in my finger and didn't shoot at all, and now I'm back in SS.

moto, I tried the "cold setting" bit. It worked for a couple of weeks and then stopped locking back again.

I'll try the Gram's springs next. They are supposed to be stiffer than the CZC. Even though I've never run them to empty in Limited, I want them all to lock back so I don't have to worry about which mags I have. One of the clubs I belong to has a safety policy that says no running with loaded guns. So for the "action" matches there, you move from one shooting station to the next in slide lock.

Factory mags with the CZC base pad will do 20 reloadable, as long as you don't mind really slamming the mag home with the slide closed. I do, so I only load 19 with factory springs and followers and 20 with the CZC guts.

Edited by zzt

I have 3 mags with czc springs/follower/base extentions. None of them lock back.

As for adds I'd go with fo sight and adjustable rear for sure.

I also did a large saftey lever, thin grips and a different mag well.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I have the Springer Precision pads and Grams kit, they do not lock back.

CZ followers do lock back.

• I put on a front FO sight w/factory rear sight (I rack with it), great combo IMO.
  • SS Guide rod - not needed
  • CZC Magwell
  • Thin Grips - find what fits your hand/grip
  • CZC Large LH Safety (BEST MOD IMO)
  • Tuned the gun via (return spring) to my loads
  • I have also done a grip reduction mod, but try different grips first.- you may not need or want

Call it done!

Edited by Hallz