Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Is my P320 grip production legal?

ShortBus

Headed to a level two in two weeks and I'm worried it's not legal. From my understanding of reading the rules I think it's legal. Just checking as I don't won't to go home after driving all that way.

ADE9141C-0B95-4806-B808-64CEB177C840_zps

1E4E0E32-3509-4E13-B26F-6BE46F6F172C_zps

7D302BD9-8000-4439-9D9B-A3730E2DA118_zps

Grip had not been reduced or had the shape of the frame cut. All factory lines are there but it's been stippled, which appears to be the appropriate areas. And I smoothed out inside the mag well.

Please tell me this is legal

If your equipment doesn't meet the restrictions of what you declared, you're automatically bumped to the least restrictive division in the sport--Open.

Appendix D4, Item 21--If the shooter cannot identify an authorizing rules-clause or published interpretation, the RM shall rule that the modification is PROHIBITED for Production use and shall move the shooter to Open Division. (Emphasis in the original.)

And if you declare Production and shoot a single round, THEN find out your equipment is not-compliant, you will be bumped, regardless of having a spare grip.

Why open? Wouldn't you just be moved over to Limited for any Production violation? And in my estimation, you're Production legal.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Depends. If you start the match and get busted you get moved to open. If you show up and think you are not division compliant you can ask the RM. if he agrees you could change to Limited at registration.

You can't get bumped to anything but open.

• 4 weeks later...

Headed to a level two in two weeks and I'm worried it's not legal. From my understanding of reading the rules I think it's legal. Just checking as I don't won't to go home after driving all that way.

ADE9141C-0B95-4806-B808-64CEB177C840_zps

1E4E0E32-3509-4E13-B26F-6BE46F6F172C_zps

7D302BD9-8000-4439-9D9B-A3730E2DA118_zps

Grip had not been reduced or had the shape of the frame cut. All factory lines are there but it's been stippled, which appears to be the appropriate areas. And I smoothed out inside the mag well.

Please tell me this is legal

I'm planning on doing the same but filling the gap in the rear of the magwell with epoxy and then shaping it from there.

Jon