Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Do I really need ezwinscore?

kamikaze1a

Just add another shooter (not a "walk-in"!!!), make sure uspsa number is entered and score this shooter on that classifier. Same on android and ios.

On android I'd also suggest to add (2) or something like that at the end of the first name field, so you can tell each of them apart. "Smith, Jim (2)". Ios app adds those markers (but I not sure if order is consistent, Russ know better).

Do I add the shooter to the current match? If they are only shooting the classifier, will I be able to prevent practiscore from ranking their results into the overall?

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do I add the shooter to the current match? If they are only shooting the classifier, will I be able to prevent practiscore from ranking their results into the overall?

You can mark entry as deleted after exporting to ezws or generating classifier report for uspsa. This operation can be undone at any time without losing scores.

Generally it depends if shooter 2nd, 3rd, etc attempt should affect the overall results or not. E.g. he may be shooting the whole match in a different division. So, I'm not sure how that can be done automatically.

Thanks for the info. What do you think about creating a separate match for the re-shoots or shooters shooting only the classifier?

Can't comment on that, as I 've no idea if you could submit multiple classifier reports for the same match to uspsa. But I have a feeling that would be no.

I know there is an EzWinScore and USPSA website results upload limitation of only being able to upload one match per day per club. So you can't have the same club host two separate matches on the same day then treat them as different matches. I tried that before and it didn't work once I tried to upload the results to the USPSA website.

If you are going to allow classifier reshoots, it's currently easier to score the re-entry classifier scores on paper and then add them to the match after it has been imported into EzWinScore... EzWinScore is designed for reshoots, PractiScore isn't (yet).

If you are going to allow classifier reshoots, it's currently easier to score the re-entry classifier scores on paper and then add them to the match after it has been imported into EzWinScore... EzWinScore is designed for reshoots, PractiScore isn't (yet).

Please explain what exactly you are referring to not being available in PractiScore

What we have been doing for re shoots is have the shooter add themselves as a wallk on on the stage nook after their first run(that way you are sure their first entry gets the first try score) then reshoot and enter the new score under their new entry. When we sync everything up at the end their second entry gets a 2 added to the name by practiscore and we can create the classifier report on the Ipad and upload to USPSA.

The only issue with not deleting them from the match, results wise, is if the reshoot sets a new high hit factor fit their division. IF that happens you will want to delete the entry after making the classifier report then upload the match results

If you don't manually delete their second entry they will show up on the results but that's not a issue any of the local shooters have mentioned to me, and they are normally quick to let me know if they don't like something.

What we have been doing for re shoots is have the shooter add themselves as a wallk on on the stage nook after their first run(that way you are sure their first entry gets the first try score) ...

Beware that you can only have at most ONE walk-in for the same division. So, if shooter is already registered as a walk-in those scores will be folded together.

So, it is better to register on stage device as non-walkon to make sure that new entry is unique (ie. has unique internal shooter id).

Ids for walk-ins are derived from other fields (read info page in the app for details), so we can merge scores from shooter entries registered on multiple devices.

Please explain what exactly you are referring to not being available in PractiScore

EzWinScore recognizes the second addition of a shooter already shooting the current match as a Re-Entry. It highlights the shooters name in yellow and adds "reentry" after their name in the EzWinScore match results sections.

PractiScore recognizes the second addition of a shooter already shooting the current match based on internal PractiScore logic, but does not use the Re-Entry option as set up by EzWinScore or as accepted by the USPSA for submitting multiple Classifier scores.

http://www.uspsa.org/ezwinscore/faq.html#reentry

There's a link to a page that explains this process.

Edited by RaylanGivens

I see... and you are not quite correct.

Both ezws and practiscore will include best classifier result regardless to reentry.

The only issue in PS is to include or not reentries in the match results. But it is more as inconvenience (you can still include them (and manually add a reentry suffix to First name to differentiate them) or exclude them (e.g. by marking as deleted). So it is doable, and no one asked for more convenient way so far.

Btw, it seem like uspsa is the only org and sport allowing reentries to stand for scores (even if at L1 only).

Really? Since when is a second run a legal score for the competition? You can submit as many classifiers as you'd like to pay for, but only the first run in the division you have signed up for the match in counts towards the match.

You can't buy a Mulligan in USPSA

Really? Since when is a second run a legal score for the competition? You can submit as many classifiers as you'd like to pay for, but only the first run in the division you have signed up for the match in counts towards the match.

You can't buy a Mulligan in USPSA

6.2.4 Subject to the prior approval of the Match Director, a competitor may enter a match in more than one Division. However, the competitor may compete for match score in only one Division, and that must be the first attempt in all cases. Any subsequent attempts in another Division will not count for match recognition.

6.2.4.1 Level I matches may allow competitors to enter multiple Divisions for match recognition.

PS: Zack, obviously not counting the Steel challenge, NRA/Bianchi and bullseye/precision (those are all shooting the same set of exercises all the time). Besides that I am not aware of any other org that has this kind of thing.

Okay your definition of reentry is different than mine. I've only seen reentry used when a shooter either (1) shoots the classifier more than once in the same division or (2) shoots the classifier in a separate division. I may be used for a competitor shooting a separate division but I don't know how that gets labeled in EzWS.

I see... and you are not quite correct.

Both ezws and practiscore will include best classifier result regardless to reentry.

The only issue in PS is to include or not reentries in the match results. But it is more as inconvenience (you can still include them (and manually add a reentry suffix to First name to differentiate them) or exclude them (e.g. by marking as deleted). So it is doable, and no one asked for more convenient way so far.

Btw, it seem like uspsa is the only org and sport allowing reentries to stand for scores (even if at L1 only).

A classifier score marked Re-Entry in EzWinScore does not county towards match results.

USPSA does not allow Re-Entries to count for scores. The "Re-Entry" code EzWinScore exports is understood by the import software on the USPSA web site. The USPSA web site understands the Re-Entry code as encoded by EzWinScore. This is what is not available in PractiScore (yet).

If you start adding different suffixes or first names in PractiScore, it makes multiple names pop up when entering shooters. That causes problems when people are rushing to add shooters during registration. That causes improper names to be selected in future matches... That causes shooters names to bounce when submitting the classifiers to the USPSA...

USPSA does not allow Re-Entries to count for scores. The "Re-Entry" code EzWinScore exports is understood by the import software on the USPSA web site. The USPSA web site understands the Re-Entry code as encoded by EzWinScore. This is what is not available in PractiScore (yet).

Actually PractiScore for iOS does flag scores as reentry. I created a single stage match and added myself twice and then added scores making sure my reentry score was higher.

In the USPSA Results (web file) that's generated it includes a place to indicate if the score is a reentry and iOS properly identifies it as such.

Actually PractiScore for iOS does flag scores as reentry. I created a single stage match and added myself twice and then added scores making sure my reentry score was higher.

In the USPSA Results (web file) that's generated it includes a place to indicate if the score is a reentry and iOS properly identifies it as such.

Not familiar with the iOS version.

All of the clubs in central and southern Florida that I've been involved with use Android PractiScore for scoring... We then use EzWinScore to create the two files for the USPSA. Would like to have Android PractiScore create the two USPSA files and handle the Re-Entry situation. Then we could actually retire EzWinScore.

All of the clubs in central and southern Florida that I've been involved with use Android PractiScore for scoring... We then use EzWinScore to create the two files for the USPSA. Would like to have Android PractiScore create the two USPSA files and handle the Re-Entry situation. Then we could actually retire EzWinScore.

It has been asked for and every time euxx has some how managed to talk Ken out of tasking him to implement it. Supposedly in the not too distant future we will have direct upload from PractiScore to USPSA or some one button method of posting scores. I don't know any of the implementation details though. On the iOS side all you need is a iPhone, iPod, or iPad and you can generate the necessary files without having to touch EzWS.

Actually PractiScore for iOS does flag scores as reentry. I created a single stage match and added myself twice and then added scores making sure my reentry score was higher.In the USPSA Results (web file) that's generated it includes a place to indicate if the score is a reentry and iOS properly identifies it as such.

If you have multiple stages, won't it add the re-entry to each stage?

It has been asked for and every time euxx has some how managed to talk Ken out of tasking him to implement it.

Not quite. Ken always agreed that it makes more sense to have this feature on PS web site (or on USPSA web site, but that is out of our control). It just so happen that web crew was swamped redoing the clubs web site and fighting with DDoS attacks for the whole year. Now that things settled, I've been told that this feature will be implemented on the web site very soon.

A classifier score marked Re-Entry in EzWinScore does not county towards match results.

You can't really enter classifier only in ezws. You are entering match a re-entry (a new shooter with the same uspsa number) and scoring repeated classifier attempt under that new entry.

Then by default ezws excludes reentries from the overall match results, but that is up to MD to change. See rules above.

But classifier report including these reentries regardless (same as PS).

USPSA does not allow Re-Entries to count for scores.

It does. See above for corresponding quote from the rule book.

The "Re-Entry" code EzWinScore exports is understood by the import software on the USPSA web site. The USPSA web site understands the Re-Entry code as encoded by EzWinScore. This is what is not available in PractiScore (yet).

I still believe you are mistaken, but if you are certain, email support@practiscore.com and provide details how to reproduce. So, they could fix it

If you start adding different suffixes or first names in PractiScore, it makes multiple names pop up when entering shooters. That causes problems when people are rushing to add shooters during registration. That causes improper names to be selected in future matches... That causes shooters names to bounce when submitting the classifiers to the USPSA...

Names is a different issue... Though I would think names are not used in classifier submission and you need the right uspsa number. Half of the times first names are spelled differently than on record with uspsa - Bob vs Robert, Jim vs James, etc.

Anyhow it is something we could improve on, but like I said that re-entry flag is only useful for uspsa only and so far didn't prove to be a critical issue yet.

If you have multiple stages, won't it add the re-entry to each stage?

I don't know for certain. The way our MD handles it is to only add the reentries on the master scoring tablet for those reshooting the classifier. My guess is that if you add the shooter on a stage scoring tablet then the shooter would appear on all stages.

Not quite. Ken always agreed that it makes more sense to have this feature on PS web site (or on USPSA web site, but that is out of our control). It just so happen that web crew was swamped redoing the clubs web site and fighting with DDoS attacks for the whole year. Now that things settled, I've been told that this feature will be implemented on the web site very soon.

Hopefully everything will be implemented on both sides very soon. It's something folks want badly.