Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Do I really need ezwinscore?

kamikaze1a

I found a thread where they explained how to submit the activity/classifier report without ezwinscore. Checked with USPSA and they confirmed that if I am using iOs I can just create and then upload the txt file from uspsa.org.

Other than online registration feature in ezwin, am I missing some other benefit to learning to use ezwin?

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I run a very active club and haven't used ezWinScore in over 3 years, including for Area matches, and Nationals.

The iOS version generates every report you can supply to the USPSA that ezWinScore does. We are working on having this generated from the PractiScore website too (after posting results). The engineer just started on it today.

Both Android and iOS will grab classification updates and update either a match or your database of shooters (or both). I'm thinking of adding that to the website too so that you can have a little more accurate view of categories and classes for trophy buying earlier, as well as notify people their membership has expired before they arrive at a L2/3 match.

In terms of using ezWinScore to register. clubs.practiscore.com has online registration, inluding online payments if desired, and online squadding. When I first got that going I found I liked it because I could do it anywhere I could hit a website, not requiring to bring a PC along. Since I only had a PC for ezWinScore (I'm a mac fellow), that was a big plus for me.

Regards,

Ken N.

Haven't used the PC laptop at a match in over a year since we added an iPad to the collection of Nooks. Occasionally might do a lookup in EzWin for a shooter that isn't already in Practiscore. I do use the EzWin Master Database to maintain local club membership info. I do keep Windows and EzWin up to date "just in case".

Edited by NMBOpen

Thanks for confirming that Ken and I did not realize that practiscore has an online registration feature too. Question about the file that "actuvuty/classifier report" generates, is that just the classifier so I also have to upload the "USPSA Results (webfile)" too?

I've been doing the stats at our club since back in the WinMss days. Practiscore is IT. EzWinScore is anything but EZ and unless you are running some match that USPSA HQ insists be run on EZ, then there is absolutely no reason to run EZ. Caveat here. We do not post our club scores to USPSA.org, we show our scores only on our own website so I am not sure if that functionality is present in PS.

If the Android version adds the few items it is missing form the IoS version AND the IoS version adds the few missing items this would be fantastic. That said, a used IPad isn't that expensive and it make PS Rock!

I am going to totally bypass my laptop next time.

I had practiscore on my ipad and iphone for a while but our scorekeeper wasn't interested in learning how to use it. If not for USPSA sun-setting scores on paper we would probably be still doing that way.

Now that it looks like we got past most of the stumbling points, life is easier for our scrorekeeper and we are glad that USPSA forced us to modernize.

If the Android version adds the few items it is missing form the IoS version...

For instance?

I could be wrong, but the reassignment function on the nooks seems to not be on the IoS system, or I just can't find it.

I could be wrong, but the reassignment function on the nooks seems to not be on the IoS system, or I just can't find it.

Long tap in iOS app. But I was asking what is missing in Android...

Here's one I find myself using quite a bit. Fix Name Capitalization. It seems a lot of our shooters like to spell their names "john doe" instead of "John Doe".

Squad List and Checkin List are handy as well. I know you can print a squad list from the web site though.

Thank you for pointing this out. It took me a while to figure out what a 'Long Tap' is and where to do it, now I know. I'll have to get back to you on items in Android, I thought I was sure, but now I am not and I can't grab them just now.

Here's one I find myself using quite a bit. Fix Name Capitalization. It seems a lot of our shooters like to spell their names "john doe" instead of "John Doe".

The problem that I can't make any system or rules to do it properly. Those are real example: Eduardo de Cobos, Candido De Borja, Jennifer DeBernardi...

Squad List and Checkin List are handy as well. I know you can print a squad list from the web site though.

Those are still puzzling me. Guess I don't understand how they are used, why and what for.

The problem that I can't make any system or rules to do it properly. Those are real example: Eduardo de Cobos, Candido De Borja, Jennifer DeBernardi...

Ask Russell how he handles it, if he does. He may just capitalize the first letter of each word.

Those are still puzzling me. Guess I don't understand how they are used, why and what for.

Squad list is used to answer the "What squad am I on?" question that we get asked every single match. We also use it to assign shooters to squads where there's room. Having the print out makes it easy to see which squads are full and which aren't.

Check in sheet is handy to see who has checked in and who hadn't. I don't thing Android currently has the Checked In, Paid, etc. check boxes like iOS has does it?

Edited by ZackJones

Squad list is used to answer the "What squad am I on?" question that we get asked every single match. We also use it to assign shooters to squads where there's room. Having the print out makes it easy to see which squads are full and which aren't.

I'm guessing you do your registration in ios. So, you may want to try android app.

Squad is shown for every shooter, so you can sort list alphabetically or use search from the top.

The Squads button at the top also shows number of shooters (as well as number of completed stages). Similarly squad selection button on the shooter editing screen.

If you sort shooter list by Squad, you can move people between squads and balance squads, just by looking at the squad count references in sub-headers for squad groups. Including selecting multiple competitors using long tap.

All that without paper.

Check in sheet is handy to see who has checked in and who hadn't. I don't thing Android currently has the Checked In, Paid, etc. check boxes like iOS has does it?

It doesn't. I am still trying to figure out how it is used and how the android ui should look like. There are some issues with ui interaction on android too.

I'm guessing you do your registration in ios. So, you may want to try android app.

Correct. I do everything except scoring on iPads.

It doesn't. I am still trying to figure out how it is used and how the android ui should look like. There are some issues with ui interaction on android too.

One way is by applying the "Not Checked In" filter you can see just those shooters that haven't arrived yet. At least that's what I use it for.

Edited by ZackJones

Is the EzWin Webfile and Activity report going to be added to the Android version any time soon?

Yes! This would be excellent!

They are supposed to be added to the online side so it won't matter iOS or Android.

Online? What are you talking about? The PractiScore web site?

That's a non-event because the USPSA will fight for the clicks and we will never get a fully functioning version of PractiScore.

Please add the EzWinScore webfile and activity report options to the Android version of PractiScore as you did to the IoS version. I don't understand why you won't do this. It has been the number one request for Android PractiScore since the beginning.

For instance?

Add EzWinScore's Re-Entry capabilities to the Android version of PractiScore.

EzWinScore is still needed when someone re-shoots a classifier. It doesn't matter if someone reshoots a classifier because of a mulligan or because they want to classify a second gun.

Online? What are you talking about? The PractiScore web site?

That's a non-event because the USPSA will fight for the clicks and we will never get a fully functioning version of PractiScore.

I'd suggest is to bring it up to USPSA if that is an issue for them.

Add EzWinScore's Re-Entry capabilities to the Android version of PractiScore.

EzWinScore is still needed when someone re-shoots a classifier. It doesn't matter if someone reshoots a classifier because of a mulligan or because they want to classify a second gun.

Maybe I'm missing something, but PractiScore supported re-entries in same and in multiple divisions from the beginning and classifiers report can be generated from the existing data in PractiScore, regardless where report is generated.

Just add another shooter (not a "walk-in"!!!), make sure uspsa number is entered and score this shooter on that classifier. Same on android and ios.

On android I'd also suggest to add (2) or something like that at the end of the first name field, so you can tell each of them apart. "Smith, Jim (2)". Ios app adds those markers (but I not sure if order is consistent, Russ know better).