Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Do I really need ezwinscore?

kamikaze1a

There is something odd going on with classifier re-entries. I'm going to document it and submit it to USPSA and PractiScore to have it looked into.

Look at these results on PractiScore.com which were generated with iOS (https://practiscore.com/results/17010?q_class=0&q_category=0&q_result=5&q_division=5) Note that Todd Kennedy is listed only once.

Now look at these results on USPSA.org for the same stage (http://www.uspsa.org/uspsa-display-match-results-detail.php?indx=16812&division=Production&dindx=5&stage=5&guntype=Pistol) and notice that Todd Kennedy is listed multiple times.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

USPSA does not allow Re-Entries to count for scores. The "Re-Entry" code EzWinScore exports is understood by the import software on the USPSA web site. The USPSA web site understands the Re-Entry code as encoded by EzWinScore. This is what is not available in PractiScore (yet).

Actually PractiScore for iOS does flag scores as reentry. I created a single stage match and added myself twice and then added scores making sure my reentry score was higher.In the USPSA Results (web file) that's generated it includes a place to indicate if the score is a reentry and iOS properly identifies it as such.

If you have multiple stages, won't it add the re-entry to each stage?

No, because you don't add scores for the other stages... Only the reshot classifier...

All of the clubs in central and southern Florida that I've been involved with use Android PractiScore for scoring... We then use EzWinScore to create the two files for the USPSA. Would like to have Android PractiScore create the two USPSA files and handle the Re-Entry situation. Then we could actually retire EzWinScore.

It has been asked for and every time euxx has some how managed to talk Ken out of tasking him to implement it. Supposedly in the not too distant future we will have direct upload from PractiScore to USPSA or some one button method of posting scores. I don't know any of the implementation details though. On the iOS side all you need is a iPhone, iPod, or iPad and you can generate the necessary files without having to touch EzWS.

I have discussed it with Eugene... it is on the Bug list... People ask for it and it never gets added...

Eugene is dedicated to Android PractiScore... He is a very smart guy... an excellent programmer... He is the sole creator/maintainer of Android PractiScore... I respect his work ethics and accomplishments with Android PractiScore... However... I suspect he could add the USPSA match scores and Activity file options to Android PractiScore in an afternoon, if he really wanted to...

PractiScore already contains the data necessary to generate the Match scores and Activity files that the USPSA requires for a Level 1 match with a classifier. The iOS PractiScore code could be massaged into code for the Android version of PractiScore. It might not be a perfect Cut 'n Paste, but the mathematics and logic would be almost identical. The format for the two files would be the same as generated by the iOS version of PractiScore. That should make it pretty easy to add the options.

The "Re-Entry" code EzWinScore exports is understood by the import software on the USPSA web site. The USPSA web site understands the Re-Entry code as encoded by EzWinScore. This is what is not available in PractiScore (yet).

I still believe you are mistaken, but if you are certain, email support@practiscore.com and provide details how to reproduce. So, they could fix it

It doesn't matter...

Without the USPSA Match scores and Activity file, I still have to use EzWinScore to upload a match to the USPSA...

I might as well do the Re-Entry scores in EzWinScore where's there's no drama...

Sorry but new to using practiscore and yesterday was only the 2nd time we used practiscore. Using my Nook to score and then ipad to submit to USPSA. It went pretty smoothly but had a couple of issues.

First was while entering scores the person handling the Nook selected the wrong shooter and we couldn't back out of that shooter's scoresheet without saving the blank scoresheet. Don't think it was a big problem but just wondering if that is normal.

Also, for a couple of shooters, seeing a number to the Right of the shooter's time or the far Right edge of the screen. One shooter had a "1" and another a "3". Error note? What do the numbers mean?

And could not figure out how to enter classifier "reshoots" and classifier only scores on the nook. Is that not an option with the nook and I have to enter the reshoots after I sync to ipad?

Thanks

The little numbers mean there are "edits" saved for that stage/shooter. Any time you edit a time or hits or penalties, PS records the before and after so there is an audit trail.

Don't worry about entering scores under the wrong shooter, or the wrong stage. There is an awesome feature that will copy a time/score from one shooter to another, or from one stage to another if someone goofs it up. From the summary score screen (after you hit Review) find the 3 vertical dots on the top row, tap that and you'll see options for Reassigning.

Not sure why you couldn't back out of a score screen, there must have been something entered in either the Time field or a hit/penalty field.

The little numbers mean there are "edits" saved for that stage/shooter. Any time you edit a time or hits or penalties, PS records the before and after so there is an audit trail.

Don't worry about entering scores under the wrong shooter, or the wrong stage. There is an awesome feature that will copy a time/score from one shooter to another, or from one stage to another if someone goofs it up. From the summary score screen (after you hit Review) find the 3 vertical dots on the top row, tap that and you'll see options for Reassigning.

Not sure why you couldn't back out of a score screen, there must have been something entered in either the Time field or a hit/penalty field.

Thanks! Are you using a Nook to score? If you are, how exactly do you add a classifier reshoot or when a shooter wants to shoot just the classifier for a different division?

I think I finally got it...

After syncing to my ipad, as was recommended by euxx I added the shooters with a "2" suffix and then entered the re-shoot scores. Submitting the activity/classifier report went smoothly.

Did some exploring and found a couple of capabilities that I did not know about. This program is awesome!

Thanks for the help!