Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Thought experiment: G22 in Limited?

Trebor Snave

I started in Limited with a basic G35. Same as the G22, but with ~3/4 inch more barrel/sight length. So...not really any different.

I also used to shoot it (when I started) with 190pf ammo. So...not sure what this snappiness is that has been mentioned. ;)

Seriously, after learning recoil control, I would get accused of using minor ammo fairly often.

Me too.. but I only shoot wimpy 180PF ammo.

I upgraded to the G35 barrel and the Taylor Freelance sight block. Oddly I had to switch to a Gen4 lower as the G3 lower was not resetting well (fortunately I had one). I am shooting Minor 40 thru this for 3 gun and it really is a pussycat. It allows me to use major ammo if shooting a spinner or something requiring some extra oomph. I think the sight tracker adds to my limited skills.

25e078f5-55c1-42bb-99d2-331d36852134_zps

The G22 old police trade in, is what I have for my Limited gun. Uses the same holster at my 17 so I don't need an extra belt. At my current level of skill I don't think it is holding me back any. I typically shoot production and can bounce back and forth between the guns with no real issues.

• 2 weeks later...

I found an assembled Glock 22 slide for cheap and I'm going to try it on my G35 w/ Sight block and see how it is. Definitely noticed some serious snap before I put a weighted magwell, SJC frame weight, and weighted base pads on it. Did some slide lightening cuts on the 35 and will likely do it on the 22 slide.

Regarding Glocks holding you back, it wouldn't be a terrible suprise to see Robert Vogel win Limited Nationals shooting a Glock.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...
3 hours ago, polymerfeelsweirdman said:

I've been thinking of doing this but with a trade in G35 since they're pretty affordable too. But first I want to get around to building a limited G40...

I had originally thought about going with the G35, but the G22's are so cheap and that sight block get's me that sight radius back.

(already started getting parts)

• 1 month later...

I just threw a setup similar to this together. Taylor freelance sight block, SJC brass magwell, dcprecision frame weight and added a beavertail. Threw all of it on a police trade in g22 and I’m into the whole thing for way less then a grand. Looking forward to rocking the setup in limited this year.
65518ea9695da698c6f8ada9e4af6244.jpeg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...