Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

The Horror of the 550

Not really, BUT... Not sure if this should go in the humour forum. Just before I hit the 10k mark in 9mm on my 550, boom, something went flying on the down stroke. A primer was waisted on the up stroke. Little did I know the C-clip on the sizer snapped. After checking it out, I see the problem. Go to my spare parts kit from dillon, no clip (come on dillon you know they break). But I remember the dies come with an extra clip. So while getting ready to reclip the die I crank it up. Well I forgot to rotate and now remembered I had a charge in station 2, which has become a double and with blue dot will make a mess. I try to prepare for the spill. In the meantime the new clip was put somewhere safe, but of course after the powder dump I don't have a clue. Lucky I have more than one set of dillon dies. So in the I'm up again, but what a prodg it I made it. Just some words of wisdom and could happen and learn from my mistake.

P.S. I still love my 550

P.S.S. Dear admin you can move this to humour if you like.

Uh, look in the die box for a spare e-clip. This is a 1/4" e-clip, available at any real hardware store.

Last time i bought these, i found that the lowes by me wanted >$1 per eclip. Home Depot had the same thing for about 20 cents per. not sure if the lowes by me is a bunch of crooks, or they just labeled them wrong, either way....check your prices. Not sure what ACE charges, but most likely on par to what Home depot charges.

Uh, look in the die box for a spare e-clip. This is a 1/4" e-clip, available at any real hardware store.

UH, learn to read the whole post.
How many forums do you know of that actually have a Dillon Rep that frequently checks in and helps shooters get their Dillon issues resolved?

UH, learn to read the whole post.
How many forums do you know of that actually have a Dillon Rep that frequently checks in and helps shooters get their Dillon issues resolved?

Having a rep stop by is great! One more + for dillon, but remember your traing Top, do not anticipate the command.