Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Strange Objects In My Yard

I used to work on highways and they resemble what was used for puting tops to access the water mains under the street. I could be wrong, been that before

Telephone poles are often run along property lines. My guess is that these are large cement washers places around the base of the poles to prevent vegitation from growing right next to the poles or perhaps to prevent animals from digging there. If the line of poles was subsequently removed, they would have used a large pole grabber, and not dug up the washers. This is just a guess ... I don't know if such washers are used in setting telephone poles.

One thing I would suggest is to check the location of these items. If they were evenly spaced it would be additional evidence to support this theory.

They were laid down on the property line, overlapping. I can think of all kinds of uses they might be put to, but nothing definitive. The idea of a collar around a water pipe access is interesting, but who needs a one-foot access? And the telphone pole idea is also interesting, but how do you get the pole through the hole without breaking up the collar? They couldn't have been an inch thick even when they were new.

As for my mascara Carina, you're bad. As Sandra Oh said in "Sideways" you need a spanking. that's not mascara, that's sight black. I just like to keep it handy.

Open? They're just flat circles of reinforced concrete. And bad-quality concrete, at that. The photos show them, that's my size-14 shoe in one shot.

The bad quality kind of gives it away as to why they are where they are. They probably scrap dumped there to make your life miserable trying to figure out why :o

Probably well head covers for use around collar of a Submersible pump sleeve. Someone didn't want to pay a disposal fee.

regards,