Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

9mm for production

RickyH

Big order. I just started working with Blue Bullets. I got the .358 147's. With resizing dies, I make .358, .357 and .356 bullets. Different guns seem to like different diameters. I first weighed the bullets and found they weigh at 151 +/-. Fine with me, I'm looking for soft recoil. Heavy bullet and light loads. It's driving me crazy. It amazes me how the powder industry can publish data that you can not cross reference. They spend more time not publishing data then publishing it. If it were easy it would not be fun. Lots of Tightgroup users out there, I hope they can help more than I can. Good luck, enjoy.

3.8g TG on a 124g FP (Bayou Bullet) 1.110 OAL made 131pf all day out of my CZ SP01. TG is a bit more smokey with the coated bullets but works just fine and is an accurate load. Bayou and Blue bullets use the same coating so should be very similar in the load data.

Blue Bullets are under-sized at .355. Lead should be .356/.357 or even .358 for 9mm. Some people having an issue with Blue Bullets and consistency. I am one of those people. They are not great in my CZs. If you have not already purchased, I would recommend ACME, Bayou, BBI, or SNS before Blue Bullets.

I just started loading Blue Bullets 147gr but with 4.15gr Silhouette at 1.145 COL.

That's giving me a consistent 890-898 fps. So 130-132 PF.

I know that's a different powder than you specified but just in case you were interested.

Also my initial results accuracy-wise are ok...not as good as my MG 124 load.

But I've worked on the MG load for several years and I'm brand new with the BB 147.

I've had good luck with 3.2 grains of Bullseye with a 147 grain RN Blue Bullet. OAL for my load is 1.150". These are out of a CZ SP-01, chrono'ed at 130 PF.

While this is a different powder, I have loaded Titegroup to similar powder charges as Bullseye using Blue Bullets (out of a M&P) and other 147 grain bullets to hit 129-131 PF depending on the bullet. Maybe start a bit lower than 3.2 grains of Titegroup and work up?

I just started loading 125grn RN Blue Bullets and using Titegroup since it s a powder I can regularly find.

I started my load with 3.2grns. I have not had a chance to chrono yet, but it seems light. Accuracy is good, but I can tell when I have shot a round I screwed up the coating on due to not getting enough bell on the case mouth. My current OAL is 1.130 (9mm 1911), but I will move that down to 1.125. I am borrowing a friend's press until I have my 650 converted over from 40 to 9mm.

I'd like to work the load up and see what I can get for accuracy, but it seems like the load window is small, so I am not sure how much I will really be able to tune it. Sounds like most guys shooting the 125s are going with with 3.6 grns of Titegroup.

I have 2 friends using their 147s using 3.0 grns getting 130 Pf/

Just some info to help since I couldn't find much on loads. Just got back from the chrono, hope this helps guys. I am still doing load development, just wanted to see what the high and low on the suggested window for titegroup was. My Pf should go up this summer since titegroup is so temp sensative and give me a little more wiggle room on the chrono stages. This ammo shoots nicely, is clean and my gun and I don't notice any smoke unless I screw up the coating. My crimp is set to almost no crimp.They case gauge well and appear to be reasonably accurate. I am going to work on the load and tune it better to the pistol as time allows. I'll try to post up the results as I have time. My cost per a round is coming out to right at 11 cents a round ordering the bulk bullets deal with them and using brass from my range at work. Cost can go down if you can get the S&B primers on sale at Cabelas (19.99). They primers are hard, but work well in both my 1911 and g34.

Bullet - 125 grn RN Blue Bullet
Powder - 3.2 grns Tite Group
Primer - S&B Small Pistol Primers
OAL - 1.115
Pistol - Springfield RO
Sample - 10 Rounds
Temp - 50 degrees
High Vel - 956 fps
Low Vel - 915 fps
Med - 937 fps
STD Dev - 13 fps
Pf = 177.7375

Bullet - 125 grn RN Blue Bullet
Powder - 3.6 grns Tite Group
Primer - S&B Small Pistol Primers
OAL - 1.115
Pistol - Springfield RO
Sample - 10 Rounds
Temp - 50 degrees
High Vel - 1055 fps
Low Vel - 1022 fps
Med -
STD Dev - 10 fps
Pf = 130.13

At 3.6gr of Titegroup with the 125 Blue at OAL1.1 out of my CZ, I was averaging 1018. At 3.8gr, I was averaging 1051.

RugerP89IPSC, you said accuracy was good, but you could tell when you scraped coating off during seating. Don't assume stray bullets are from scraping coating. The Blue Bullet 9mm is sized .355, which is typically undersized for 9mm. Cast lead should be at least .356. I get a flier about one out of ten in my CZ pistols. Some other CZ owners have had the same issue. In my Glock and my HK VP9, both of which have polygonal rifling, the Blue Bullet is excellent -- VERY tight and never a flier.