Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Made a mistake - need a 1911 smith recommendation.

wyliearms

I'm working on fitting a different slide to my SA Range Officer. The ejector was high so I thought it would be easier to replace it with a standard one then I could tune it when the gun was done. It's not pinned like a normal 1911, it's glued. When I tried to remove it like I've done many before it, it broke. The pins are in the frame. Can anyone recommend someone who can get those outl and install a new one and also drill and tap the frame to accept the Quinn III mount. I figured I might as well have it all done at once while they have it as I don't have a mill. Any help is appreciated....

I just sent my son's DVC out to atlas gun works to fix a screw up of mine. they did a great job and were very fast. I also had them do their internal tune and trigger job while they had it. took less than a week and feels great.

Hello: Where are you located? Thanks, Eric

South Carolina. Can ship anywhere.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

NOT!

Given that it is the serial numbered frame, if you ship, it has to go to a shop that has an FFL, then they can ship it directly back to you. If you have a local shop you can carry it in the door with no worries.

Hello: Where are you located? Thanks, Eric

South Carolina. Can ship anywhere.

NOT!

Given that it is the serial numbered frame, if you ship, it has to go to a shop that has an FFL, then they can ship it directly back to you. If you have a local shop you can carry it in the door with no worries.

I know that. My point was I can ship it to any gunsmith. Being local is not important.

I had the front leg on the ejector break on my Range Officer. If the pin will spin in the hole try a rare earth magnet to pull it out. I tried a bunch of different things with no luck. I happened to have one of these from a goody bag and it pulled the broken leg right out of the frame.

https://jet.com/product/detail/739b1c127d9f43ef869834effc43bb46?jcmp=pla:ggl:home_garden_a3:business_home_security_security_safe_accessories_a3_other:na:na:na:na:na:2&code=PLA15&k_clickid=f0c1c14f-033e-447d-9c63-85e72301dcd1&abkId=403-484491&gclid=CjwKEAiAi4a2BRCu_eXo3O_k3hUSJABmN9N1FYYb_L0tDKYOkycUq6T1J_rrs-NZDqhTOwy99ClE1hoCVAHw_wcB