Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Pistol competition will be kaput.

Ultimo-Hombre

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So when PCC happens, those who shoot pistols at USPSA matches will be at the bottom of the food chain.

Will that effect your desire to come out and shoot matches?

No. There is no food chain. People won't stop shooting matches because someone else is shooting a +/- faster platform in a different division just like how SS/Prod dudes don't bail on the match entirely just because an open shooter is there. PCC isn't necessarily going to be the fastest for alot of stages anyway.

I don't follow. Why will handgun shooters be bottom of the food chain? They will certainly be shooting faster than the carbine carriers.

A carbine rifle is faster and more accurate than a pistol.

Head to head, pistols cannot compete. In a match overall rankings, a rifle will be dominant. Will you still want to shoot a USPSA. Match given that those who bring a PCC will destroy you?

I really don't care, just consider the question.

I will hate seeing the "meta" of the stage significantly change due to the addition of rifles. Many targeted training and practice may go down the drain. It would make the once-a-year rule change in IDPA look good. I will shoot a match including PCC and decide.

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk

I don't follow. Why will handgun shooters be bottom of the food chain? They will certainly be shooting faster than the carbine carriers.

Head to head, pistols cannot compete. In a match overall rankings, a rifle will be dominant. Will you still want to shoot a USPSA. Match given that those who bring a PCC will destroy you?

Most stages at a USPSA match open guns will still dominate with mobility and scoring.

I will hate seeing the "meta" of the stage significantly change due to the addition of rifles. Many targeted training and practice may go down the drain. It would make the once-a-year rule change in IDPA look good. I will shoot a match including PCC and decide.

No indication that literally any of this will happen. You think PCC dudes wanna just sit back and take long shots all day? Hellz no. I wanna hose just like everyone else. This fear of stages all of a sudden changing to any measurable degree, let alone enough to render your training pointless, is pretty hyperbolic. Stop practicing if you want, I guess.

I want to see the data on this one. I've tried head to heads a few times and found that the handgun was faster at short range (up to 10 yards), depending on the optics fitted to the PCC and the type of sling used. After that distance, the carbine will be faster and more accurate.

PCC will add fun to matches but the food chain idea doesn't hold water.

Since we don't all play in the same DIVISION, looking at overalls is a waste of time and false ego stroking. PCC and OP are smart plays to get MORE people into the game and into our clubs, I'm all for anything that grows the sport of Action shooting.

If PCC can bring in 1% new members a year (about 250 or so), is it still worth it? I'd say 2-3% growth for adding a new division is the minimal to make sense.

Since we don't all play in the same DIVISION, looking at overalls is a waste of time and false ego stroking. PCC and OP are smart plays to get MORE people into the game and into our clubs, I'm all for anything that grows the sport of Action shooting.

If PCC can bring in 1% new members a year (about 250 or so), is it still worth it? I'd say 2-3% growth for adding a new division is the minimal to make sense.

There is no requirement that adding a division has to be tied to membership increase. You are making numbers up. Fun will be had by all. Praise be PCC.

I disagree politely. Open and limited will still rule in that order. PCC will be scored minor and a rifle is harder to maneuver.

Exactly, I'll crush steel faster with PCC but any close to mid distance stage, or any stage with lots of movement will favor Major Lim/Open.

Wow. You will crush steel faster? Guess I should carry your range bag.

I disagree, I have shot at least half a dozen matches against a PCC in a 5 stage match and have never lost to him, and they place him in my division because they don't want to put him in with the other divisions.

I shoot Revolver....................

is that why you switched to open, to be at the top of the food chain? lol.

as an SS shooter, i don't really care about the food chain or winning the match overall. I just try to get closer to the guys shooting open and limited (and production!!!) that are winning our matches overall.

I also suspect that except for 1 particular individual at our club, most pcc shooters will be doofuses.

I disagree politely. Open and limited will still rule in that order. PCC will be scored minor and a rifle is harder to maneuver.

Exactly, I'll crush steel faster with PCC but any close to mid distance stage, or any stage with lots of movement will favor Major Lim/Open.

I'm pretty shitty at steel so lots of room to move up. No need to carry my bag, your wife/gf/whatever has that job (omg that's a joke, I'm not trying to hurt feelers. You have to admit it is kinda funny. If you saw my face right now you'd know I'm sincerely not trying to troll you).

I'm pretty shitty at steel so lots of room to move up. No need to carry my bag, your wife/gf/whatever has that job (omg that's a joke, I'm not trying to hurt feelers. You have to admit it is kinda funny. If you saw my face right now you'd know I'm sincerely not trying to troll you).

Lol!

We're good bro!

Well played!

IMO overall match results are for bragging rights against your buddies only. I don't see how the introduction of PCC is going to change that one bit.

Yea Zach, don't you want cry havoc, crush a plate rack, and have the ladies flock to you and your carbine?

I just talked to some ladies about PCC and they were like "what kind of emasculated doofus would shoot a pcc? is it to compensate for the lack of endowment of their *other* barrel"

so draw your own conclusions about that. I'm not really a rifle guy. I like practicing.