Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Proposed Provisional Division-Factory Limited

d_striker

I like the production15 over unlimited as it would be more inclusive than unlimited as long as it fits.

I could also live with mags must be of no greater capacity than what comes with the gun.

Why not "learn to reload"? It isn't the reloading, it's the leaving an extra mag worth of ammo laying in the dirt/mud from those 3 reloads.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like the production15 over unlimited as it would be more inclusive than unlimited as long as it fits.

I could also live with mags must be of no greater capacity than what comes with the gun.

Why not "learn to reload"? It isn't the reloading, it's the leaving an extra mag worth of ammo laying in the dirt/mud from those 3 reloads.

Yup. I actually don't mind reloading as I practice it constantly. I look at it as an area where I can potentially pick up time on others. Like you, what I don't like is shooting a target and dropping a mag or even shooting two targets and dropping a mag.

In this area of discussion, someone invariably shouts "but 8 round arrays!" I rarely shoot stages that are run here shoot 8, run there shoot 8. What I often see are two adjoining arrays that equal 12 or 14.

I'm relatively new to this sport so what is the process once a new division is proposed?

Everyone freaks the f*#$ out and argues incessantly on the internet about it. I'm not sure that process is in the bylaws, but it's pretty consistent.

LOL....^yes I've noticed the freaking the f*out part :yawn:

I don't think it's all that sad. I think it would wise to concentrate on 1 thing at a time, and introducing new divisions willynilly seems silly, Billy. I don't really care about pcc as long as it doesn't make my match experience worse, but we clearly haven't really gotten carry optics off the ground yet, and I already think we have too many divisions, but whatever.

Agreed. It does sound like fun but belongs in its own domain or with multi-gun, or as a side match (if there's time & space), which might be the best place for it.

I disagree. It does not belong with multi gun as that is for real rifles, shotguns and pistols. A pistol caliber carbine is a natural at a pistol match.

Pat

I'm relatively new to this sport so what is the process once a new division is proposed?

Everyone freaks the f*#$ out and argues incessantly on the internet about it. I'm not sure that process is in the bylaws, but it's pretty consistent.

:roflol::roflol::roflol:

Besides the differences in the amount of ammo in the mags, will someone please tell me what the difference is between this and Production division.

That ten round number was brought into play for political reasons anyway. So why don't they change the max rounds in the mag to fifteen and leave everything else alone? If we did that, wouldn't we be in line with IPSC?

No, it's a joke. Really.

No more of a joke than PCC is.

PCC is cool not just a redefined pistol division.

Correct. It is a rifle division, and as such, has no place in a pistol match. I don't care what caliber your rifle shoots, it's not a pistol.

No, it's a joke. Really.

No more of a joke than PCC is.

PCC is cool not just a redefined pistol division.

Correct. It is a rifle division, and as such, has no place in a pistol match. I don't care what caliber your rifle shoots, it's not a pistol.

I disagree about it not belonging. These weapons were designed for pistol ranges in mind and its a perfect avenue to test them out. I get that many on here have no interest in shooting anything besides pistols and thats fine but me shooting a PCC does not ruin your pistol match lol. We are not competing against other divisions

Many internal modifications allowed in Uspsa make it illegal in ipsc. But yea. 15 with production rules would be sweet for people that suck at reloading and are too lazy to practice.

fixed for you, as a free public service. :devil:

Or who don't want to have to buy 4 or 5 magazine holders and extra mags to go in them.

Pat

Many internal modifications allowed in Uspsa make it illegal in ipsc. But yea. 15 with production rules would be sweet as changing mags in a full sized double stack mag after 4 rounds is silly

fixed for you, as a free public service. :devil:

Further improved. ;)

That is the best answer I have read in years, and how true....the last "discussion" on eliminating L10 was replete with controversy, accusation, and endless wit, just the proper recipe for fun things to do in the cold dark months of non shooting wintertime in the great NW.......I sure hope it quits snowing some day now......

I can see the computer program to add each individual proposed shooting platform will render Kindles useless since it won't contain enough memory to calculate each division, sub rule, odd penalty, and shooters eye color.

How is loading a gun to roughly 55% of its inherent capacity practical?

Nobody said it's "practical". It's the rule, and it seems to work just fine in one of the most popular divisions.

Why do we always seem to be wanting to change everything? "Change is good" is just a point of view, not necessarily the right thing to do.