Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Proposed Provisional Division-Factory Limited

d_striker

Many internal modifications allowed in Uspsa make it illegal in ipsc. But yea. 15 with production rules would be sweet for people that suck at reloading and are too lazy to practice.

fixed for you, as a free public service. :devil:

Or who don't want to have to buy 4 or 5 magazine holders and extra mags to go in them.

Pat

Yeah, I suppose if you can't afford the mags for production but still want to spend 1000's of dollars a year on ammo and travel to major matches, that makes sense. lol.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How is loading a gun to roughly 55% of its inherent capacity practical?

Nobody said it's "practical". It's the rule, and it seems to work just fine in one of the most popular divisions.

Why do we always seem to be wanting to change everything? "Change is good" is just a point of view, not necessarily the right thing to do.

No one is changing Production. Production would still exist.

These proposed divisions just give shooters a more practical venue in this game we call practical shooting.

Many internal modifications allowed in Uspsa make it illegal in ipsc. But yea. 15 with production rules would be sweet for people that suck at reloading and are too lazy to practice.

fixed for you, as a free public service. :devil:

Or who don't want to have to buy 4 or 5 magazine holders and extra mags to go in them.

Pat

Yeah, I suppose if you can't afford the mags for production but still want to spend 1000's of dollars a year on ammo and travel to major matches, that makes sense. lol.

Not everyone travels to major matches in fact I would bet that the great majority of shooters on the USPSA rolls only shoot local matches. Not everyone can afford thousands of dollars in ammo. I have seen shooters show up with what they carry and just want to have fun.

Pat

Or who don't want to have to buy 4 or 5 magazine holders

Not everyone travels to major matches in fact I would bet that the great majority of shooters on the USPSA rolls only shoot local matches. Not everyone can afford thousands of dollars in ammo. I have seen shooters show up with what they carry and just want to have fun.

Pat

Exactly!

Many who show up would be placed in Limited Minor. Even if they did alright for their first match they are already being placed lower due to a disadvantage and be discouraged.

Not many everyday plinksters have 5 magazines.

I'm not sure how people showing up at their first match with a gun, generic holster, and two mags and pouches is going to be aware of who's doing what or where they stand. I'm not sure they even care where they rank because they're mainly focusing on shooting and reloading. Many (most?) don't seem to have read the rules, even the summary we provide on our club's website.

Even if they had more mags, how many local newcomers know much at all about how to create a stage plan for Production's 10-round reloads (or SS or Revo?) L10 or Lim fits most of the store-bought equipment out there, so they do have a division to be in.

Most of the folks who start out here locally just seem to be having a good time. Later they can decide if they want to get in deeper and buy more mags, start reloading, etc. Most newcomers probably don't know how deep this really can get :surprise: until they've hand some exposure.

Just bring whatever gun and equipment you have and we will make a NEW Division for each competitor. Let's say like, "Polymer, 17 round, Limited, Minor, Optics, breastfeed". You must bring a note from your mom on the last part.

This ^^^

Just bring whatever gun and equipment you have and we will make a NEW Division for each competitor. Let's say like, "Polymer, 17 round, Limited, Minor, Optics, breastfeed". You must bring a note from your mom on the last part.

This ^^^

The comment you quoted sounds to be made from the same mindset of why do we need change this is the way we have always done it? That is not a healthy way to run any organization.