Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

What are the 327 & M&P R8 for?

FWSixgunner

Fer shootun? :D

I knew a guy with one and he loved it. I couldn't figure out why. I mean, he just did static target shooting with it, so I could never figure out why he wanted the lightweight, more expensive gun over the time proven, easier to shoot steel gun. But he was happy and that's all that mattered.

Edited by cas

It's tactical.

From Police Magazine:

http://m.policemag.com/article/1133/smith-wesson-327-trr8-revolver

"As the story goes, a police SWAT team reportedly contacted Smith & Wesson to discuss the need to arm the lead penetrator who carries the ballistic shield during tactical operations with a revolver instead of a semi-automatic pistol. The rationale behind this request was to provide a handgun to certain SWAT personnel that would not jam or malfunction, especially if the firearm made contact with the ballistic shield or any other obstruction when it was fired. In response, the Smith & Wesson Performance Center developed the Model 327 Tactical Rail Revolver in .357 Magnum with an eight-shot capacity."

I got the TRR8 because I want to shoot open in steel challenge, I can mount the top rail and use my C-More railway. This way I don't have to remove my rear sight to use my Allchin.I plan on shooting it at some local USPSA matches. I'm hoping that it won't have any issues running double duty.

95 grains?? What power factor, and why so light? I use 135 BBI's in my open gun @1380fps, it's compensated and its the flattest fun that I've ever shot,

Revolvers are a different beast.

For steel challenge I run a 100 grain swc at about 850 fps.

No idea on PF, I'd guess some where in the .22 LR range. My load is 4.2 of Bullseye mostly because I had Bullseye that needed used up. This load was lightest I could go without primers backing out and not reseating during firing. Also only load I use in a .38 Spl. case.