Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

was this hand position legal?

Sandbagger123

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Slight thread drift, but if the RO had caught the belt issue (drawing mags in front of hip now), should that have been a bump to open? Stop for safety issue? Curious what you have to say.

If I had done anything it would have been to stop the shooter for safety concerns if it was hanging down around legs etc

Concerning her belt coming loose and can be a safety issue or competitor equipment failure, I can not find a rule that states she can continue to shoot or a rule that states she has to stop and correct the mistake and continue or be granted a reshoot.. Obviously, she handled the malfunction well and continued.

The best idea I came up with is she could place the gun on the ground, (Rule 10.5.3) fix the problem and continue. But that is not what happened. So.........do we have a definitive answer about the belt , especially since we are dealing with a production division situation? Any ideas?

Slight thread drift, but if the RO had caught the belt issue (drawing mags in front of hip now), should that have been a bump to open? Stop for safety issue? Curious what you have to say.

I would do neither as an RO. Not a bump to Open, it already sucks enough that her belt half fell off and slowed down her run. And I wouldn't have stopped her either. She could have easily fixed the "safety issue" herself by stopping shooting for a moment, reaching down with her weak hand and fixing her belt if she wanted to. I wouldn't stop someone and give them a reshoot for that, it's the competitor's own fault for not properly securing his or her belt.

I would do neither as an RO. Not a bump to Open, it already sucks enough that her belt half fell off and slowed down her run. And I wouldn't have stopped her either. She could have easily fixed the "safety issue" herself by stopping shooting for a moment, reaching down with her weak hand and fixing her belt if she wanted to. I wouldn't stop someone and give them a reshoot for that, it's the competitor's own fault for not properly securing his or her belt.
Unless of course it becomes a safety issue such as getting around the legs etc. it is indeed the shooters responsibility to keep gear straight but its RO responsibility to keep everybody safe.

Every situation is different and so are the solutions.