Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Benefits of a Slide Racker

robot

I've resisted getting a slide racker on my USPSA Open Division pistol for a few years now. Didn't really see the need for it, until I shot a few major matches. There's always one or two stages that required you to load the gun while on the clock and I've always struggled with it. Racking my slide by pinching it is not the most efficient way to do it and always makes me nervous doing it.

So during the winter downtime I consulted with John from JPL Precision, my gunsmith, and he figured out a way to install it on my gun.
And O.M.G. what a different the racker makes. Now I feel a lot more confident while loading on the clock. Getting the racker installed also made me think about the other mods I used to have on my gun and went about streamlining everything. This made everything lighter, improved the balance of the gun and made gun handling easier.
I like it and you should to (if you don't have one yet)
Loke had no racker
Loke got a racker
Loke shoots better
Be like Loke
*lol*

I've resisted getting a slide racker on my USPSA Open Division pistol for a few years now. Didn't really see the need for it, until I shot a few major matches. There's always one or two stages that required you to load the gun while on the clock and I've always struggled with it. Racking my slide by pinching it is not the most efficient way to do it and always makes me nervous doing it.

So during the winter downtime I consulted with John from JPL Precision, my gunsmith, and he figured out a way to install it on my gun.
And O.M.G. what a different the racker makes. Now I feel a lot more confident while loading on the clock. Getting the racker installed also made me think about the other mods I used to have on my gun and went about streamlining everything. This made everything lighter, improved the balance of the gun and made gun handling easier.
I like it and you should to (if you don't have one yet)
Loke had no racker
Loke got a racker
Loke shoots better
Be like Loke
*lol*

I watch a lot of your videos on YouTube and shot on your squad at the 2015 Inland Empire Sectional in May. I just moved to Open, so I have a new interest in everything Open. I wondered why I didn't see a racker in your vids... this supplied the answer! My pistol came with one installed, and even in the short time I've been shooting Open I don't know what I'd do without it. Keep it up with the good vids :)

I watch a lot of your videos on YouTube and shot on your squad at the 2015 Inland Empire Sectional in May. I just moved to Open, so I have a new interest in everything Open. I wondered why I didn't see a racker in your vids... this supplied the answer! My pistol came with one installed, and even in the short time I've been shooting Open I don't know what I'd do without it. Keep it up with the good vids :)

Thanks Scott! I know a lot of folks in this forum would probably go "Duh!" but I'd thought I'd share this with everyone anyway, you never know, there might be naive open shooters out there like me! :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

+1

Wouldn't even consider running an open gun without one!

In addition to clearing malfunctions, they are also a big advantage for table starts, because they hold your gun up just high enough to make it easier to grab.

The other thing is, there are different types of slide rackers. I have one that comes straight out, and at times can be in the way when putting my left hand on the gun. The other racker is angled up a little more and gives your left-hand more room when getting it on the gun. That seems to work better for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hello: A racker is not needed until you actually try one and then you can't live without it on an open pistol. An unloaded start is much more comfortable to rack the slide with the racker installed. Thanks, Eric

This statement above goes with about everything in our hobby and life for that matter.

A xxxx is not needed until you actually try one and then you can't live without it