Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Range Officer in 40 S&W?

Distant Thunder

Lipsey 10 MM, check around the 4 minute mark in this video:

And yet another obviously blatant attempt to hijack this thread! It's perfectly clear to everyone that 10mm has absolutely nothing to do with 40 S&W.

Well, maybe they do use the same diameter bullet.

And maybe some people do load 40 out to 10mm length.

But, other than that Mrs. Lincoln ...

Boy no kidding! To think that SA had the machinery set up for 10mm slides and did not run a couple hundred .40 S&W slides for a Range Officer in our beloved .40 S&W:)

Edited by midvalleyshooter

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone at SHOT confirm the new releases from SA? I also would be very tempted in a RO in 40!!

Just got back from SHOT Show. Talked to them and no plans for RO .40 at this time.

Delivery time for custom shop single stack .40 is 12-18 months.

With the introduction of the Range Officer in stainless I knew the chances of a model in 40 were slim to none for this year. Maybe next year.

After one failed heart ablation procedure to cure bouts of a-fib, the relocation of a pacemaker, replacement of the fractured pacemaker leads and the pending scheduling of a possible second ablation attempt ... uhmmm, I don't see any custom guns on the horizon for me.

Still believe the RO in 40 would be popular with the budget shooters. I mean, it's not like I asked Springfield to name it after me or anything.

Would be kinda nice though.

I mean, serial numbers prefixed with DT.

Just sayin' ...