Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

3N38 VS 3N37

Idoktr

Had a mistake in a order a while ago and received some 3n37 instead of 3n38. Any opinions on 3n37? I would like to use it up and wondering if anyone uses it or has developed a load with 124g PD JHP.

Thanks

Stewart

9mm Major or 38 Super?

Vihtavuori Reloadig Guide shows about 1.5 grain difference for the Lapua 38 Super case.

3N37 is what "everybody" used for Open, before Vihtavuori started making N350 (a little faster) and 3N38 (a little slower).

Use 1 grain less then your 3N38 load.

I used 8.3 grain of 3N37 with a 124 grain and it gave me a powerfactor of 176.

Michael.

Thanks. Any different feel?

Never really shot with it, just played around with it.

Prefer N350.

9mm Major or 38 Super?

Vihtavuori Reloadig Guide shows about 1.5 grain difference for the Lapua 38 Super case.

3N37 is what "everybody" used for Open, before Vihtavuori started making N350 (a little faster) and 3N38 (a little slower).

No N350 is slower than 3N37

Hello: 3N37 is a hot burning powder. It heats the barrel up after a 32 round stage so much you will not be able to touch it. Try to get some N105, HS-6or even some Blue Dot. Thanks, Eric

Correct plus you will see a presser increase in higher ambient temps with 3N37. if you understand the issues in can be a workable 9 Major powder.

Edited by 2011BLDR

9mm Major or 38 Super?

No N350 is slower than 3N37

Ooops,

in most cases you just need to use slightly less N350 than 3N37, for equal pressure.

According to "Lapua Burning Rate Chart"

From Fast bruning to Slow :

• 3N37
  • N350
  • 3N38

When I used 3N37 in my 9Major, I used 8.3 grain of powder and after switching to N350 I'm now using 7.5 grain with a Power factor of 176-178'ish

Michael.