Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Firedot BDC reticle

bengreenwell

• 2 weeks later...

Any update on this? This reticle looks to have finally covered the only issue I had with the VX-6 - a JM-1 style BDC reticle with daylight bright illumination, with nearly the same field of view and a fraction of the weight of the Razor HD 2.

Barring the illuminated center dot being huge, that is. I've only looked through the older firedot 4 VX-6, and if I recall correctly, the dot was the same diameter as the thickness of the fine center bars, probably about 1 MOA. It was definitely larger/thicker than a standard duplex.

I just bought one of these (used on the classifieds here). Seller said scope didn't come with any subtension info. I have an email in to leupold customer service but no response yet. I'm going to try calling tomorrow. Someone there has to have the info, it must be so new that the documentation just hasn't been published.

I just bought one of these (used on the classifieds here). Seller said scope didn't come with any subtension info. I have an email in to leupold customer service but no response yet. I'm going to try calling tomorrow. Someone there has to have the info, it must be so new that the documentation just hasn't been published.

It's my understanding it was set up for 3 gun with a 200 yard zero. Subtensions are at 300, 350, 400, 450, 500. I don't know what bullet weight or velocity it's for but that's what I've heard from our Leupold reps.

Edited by gnhowell1

It's my understanding it was set up for 3 gun with a 200 yard zero. Subtensions are at 300, 350, 400, 450, 500. I don't know what bullet weight or velocity it's for but that's what I've heard from our Leupold reps.

Thanks. That's consistent with what I've heard as well. Ideally if the reticle info can be found I'll be able to send it to the iStrelok developer and get it added to his database. Then it will be much more versatile and user friendly. Not many folks shoot the exact ammo reticles are based on, but if you have good dope to enter on your load the drops/scope combo can work regardless. Worst case some range time can sort it all out. I've been using iStrelock and a viper PST for a couple years now, just looking for a little more top end power.

I had the original VX6 with the Multigun (SPR) reticle, didn't care the reticle, too big of gaps..

I sent my contact at Leupold a message asking for detailed info on this reticle, if it is indeed a 200 yard zero with 3,4,500 yard holds and some windage reference marks I will get one in. If it's a 55g or 62g calibration it's close enough.. Just confirm at those longer distances and make a slight zero adjustment if needed or hold as needed.

• 2 months later...